Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I can't remember what the bearing dimensions are, but they aren't an off the shelf size as I found out. You have to get them from ATV dealers etc.

I'll measure one up tomorrow when I'm in the workshop if you're still interested though.

Yamaha bearings are silly money. PivotWorks seem to have a good rep so I went with them.

Ez

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
My PivotWorks didn't last 1000 miles. Junk.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I used the stock ones, they last the longest to me. Like EZkymco says they are an oddball size that you can't get off the shelf.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
did they get water in them?
I don't think so, installed 'em just before winter and ran them all winter. Only snow, didn't hit any puddles. The seals were brand new as well.

Heck, I'm not even sure I got 500 miles out of them... Haven't opened it up yet, too busy on other stuff but I will soon.. I'll report back if I find anything suspicious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello!
Got a bit confused while searching for rear axle bearings. I have 2008 Raptor 700 SE. Taking apart the axle found that bearings are 40x64x12 mm. Seals- 46x64x8/13. Browsing trough internet found that Raptor also has smaller 40x62x12 bearings. Why is it so?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Get some All Balls bearings, they've always been good for me and only cost about $65

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
So it looks like Raptor has two types of rear axle carriers. One has bearings in size 40x64x12mm. Another 40x62x12. I asked a couple sellers on ebay, what bearing size include their Allballs kits, had no replay. So I bought 4x Koyo 6908- 8/2DRS bearings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts