Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 raptor stock with full air filter K.N without case and full big gun exhaust with fuel programer,but what i wanna ask is how to made more fast going and fast acceleration? Your Recommendations.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
-1 tooth front sprocket, or +2, +3 tooth rear sprocket will make it accelerate quicker.
In trade, you will lose a few mph of top end.
More hp(from internal engine build, bore, stroke, cam, etc) would be needed to have a faster mph/top speed, as well as +1 front, or -2, -3 teeth on the sprockets. As you need gearing to be able to go a higher speed, plus the hp to get there(aerodynamics, drag, weight, etc).

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,441 Posts
This has been covered many times, research in the 'search community' above.
What is your goal and riding condition? What fuel do you have and your elevation?

Remove the round switch from the clutch perch. Tuck the switch and wires out of the way and zip tie. Fast, easy and free. CAUTION: this will allow starting in gear!

Stage 2 cam, if using the stock 9:1 piston.

Stage 3 cam, with 11:1 or more piston.

+3 bored throttle body.

Change to a 11:1 piston, normally pump gas safe. I like CP brand but there are cheaper.

Head porting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is your goal and riding condition? What fuel do you have and your elevation?

Remove the round switch from the clutch perch. Tuck the switch and wires out of the way and zip tie. Fast, easy and free. CAUTION: this will allow starting in gear!

+3 bored throttle body.

Change to a 11:1 piston, normally pump gas safe. I like CP brand but there are cheaper.

Head porting

+3 bored throttle body.

Head porting
I have ASV clutch levers I don’t know where is that perch to zip tie

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,441 Posts
I have ASV clutch levers I don’t know where is that perch to zip tie
Will the motor start in any gear? If so, that mod is already done.

·
Super Moderator
8,220 Posts
Will the motor start in any gear without pulling in the clutch....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts