Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !
I know that my english isn`t very good and I know that probably there are answers to my problem in other threads, but I`m totally lost.
My problems started about three weeks ago. One day my raptor struggled to fire up, but after some time it did and when it warmed up it begun to start up normally but the day after it struggled again and I couldn`t get it to start, then I connected it to a car battery and it started somehow. That day I figured out, that it can be push started or It can start on it`s own, after you leave ignition on for a while. After I think three days It couldn`t start up at all, there was no spark. I had read some forum threads about similar problems and they pointed the stator to be broken, so i checked the resistance between the stator and the pickup coil wires and there was no resistance at all in the pickup coil wires, so I ordered and replaced a whole stator. The new one wasn`t genuine yamaha stator, but the specs were ok. But my problem didn`t go away and I still can`t get that thing to start, there is no spark. I replaced the spark plug. the ignition coil is ok for sure and it sparks, when i connect the coil to a battery for a moment. It turns over, so the relays and switches I think are ok. the wire, that comes from the cdi box to the coil is good, but there is no signal comming from the cdi box to the coil, when it`s trying to start. could it be the cdi`s fault ? Maybe the wires from the pickup coil are mixed up? If so, how can I check it? I`ve studied the wiring diagram for this raptor and I`ve tested some other things, but nothing seems to be bad. I don`t know, I have no more ideas :crying.

·
Super Moderator
7,873 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts