Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been lurking for some time. I am looking to buy a raptor soon. I am wanting to know if I have found a good deal or not.

2009 raptor
-seller claims less than 15 hours
-power commander 5
-FCI intake
-true dual exhaust (unsure of brand)
-nerd bars
-CCP steering stabilizer
-renthal bars with ODI lock on grips
-dr. D reverse lever
-extra set of wheels with paddles

Seller is asking $5500, I offered $5,000 and he accepted. NADA shows average retail of $5700.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
I think you should just buy mine :D It's worth the drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look like DMC to me, but he didn't say. I don't want beat up or non maintained quad. It looks nice, I am going to look at tonight. If I could find one cheaper i would be all over it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I paid $6000 for a brand new 09, but that is a stock bike, your talking some $1500-$1800 worth of extras too....
$5000 don't seem to bad to me as long as its clean and running good. How many miles is on the clock?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i would take pictures of it and put them up here. dont the 09's have digital gauges? if it were me if the seller knows on what brand of fuel controller to buy he should damn well know what kind of exhaust he bought. seems kind of fishy to me but who knows without seeing it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i think the seller definately did his homework when it came to mods. look at the digital gauge and see how many hours. people claim 15 hours and the quad is already on a half-worn set of aftermarket tires....good indication there is a hell of a lot more hours! plus check for wear marks on the engine near the shifter.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Look at the frame where your knees and legs would be, if the powdercoating is all scuffed up it has probably been ridden

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.