Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, looking for a little help. I just bought a 09 rap 700r. It seems to have a idle issue. When i start it up, it seems to run fine...kinda high on idle,but most do. When i blip the throttle....the idle will go way down and almost die. And sometimes it does die. Start it back up...runs fine...and repeat agian. The bike seems to run fine going through the gears.....just idle. It almost seems like a vacuum leak....or TPS adjustment??. Any thoughts....am i on the right track?
Thanks elkwiz

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Does it have a fuel controller as well? Not that it shouldn't do that without it, but if it has one it might need adjustment. Wouldn't hurt to check TPS readings also. Need a service manual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes....it has drd controller, Dmc duals. Pro design air. I havent been able to find any manuals or pdf files on the drd conroller online . I have a gut feeling its the TPS. Whats strange is...idles normal, blip the throttle it will drop out and almost die, then it will come right back up to normal idle.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes....it has drd controller, Dmc duals. Pro design air. I havent been able to find any manuals or pdf files on the drd conroller online . I have a gut feeling its the TPS. Whats strange is...idles normal, blip the throttle it will drop out and almost die, then it will come right back up to normal idle.
That sounds like the tps.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,476 Posts
During cold start it goes into a fuel enrichment mode until warmed up. Blipping the throttle will reset it and cause the motor to starve for fuel. Always allow 2-3 minutes warm up time. Never hurts to test and adjust the TPS.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have an '09 as well - same issue with mine. It resolves itself after it is warmed up. Dezperado is right about letting it warm up for a couple minutes.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m having something of same issue, mine starts fine and idles fine till it’s warm, then it surges low and keeps doing it till it eventually dies, it starts right back up but does same thing, I did a leak down test and found my intake valves were leaking, I’m assuming it’s the problem, got head in shop now getting me intake valves, will let u know if it solves my problem. Also check for air leaking around the rubber boot to throttle body. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts