Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, bought this in its current condition
Bought a brand new battery, when the main switch is "On" and the rear brake handle is depressed the engine should turn over while start switch is depressed in which it is not, replaced the start relay as well nothing changed, bypassed the brake switch on the handle for testing purposes and still nothing, if I apply 12v to the opposite side of the start relay the engine does turn VIA starter which is also new, but still does not start nor does it have spark any ideas?
Cdi box?

Thank you

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,406 Posts
Hi, bought this in its current condition
Bought a brand new battery, when the main switch is "On" and the rear brake handle is depressed the engine should turn over while start switch is depressed in which it is not, replaced the start relay as well nothing changed, bypassed the brake switch on the handle for testing purposes and still nothing, if I apply 12v to the opposite side of the start relay the engine does turn VIA starter which is also new, but still does not start nor does it have spark any ideas?
Cdi box?

Thank you
Check your battery voltage, you want about 13.5 volts. Even a new battery will need to be trickle charged for a few days. Try jumping the battery from your wife's car.

And, as said, check any fuses.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts