Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I picked up my new white 700 from laffeyette powersports. First of all the white and black plastics are super clean. But what really made me smile is when I unloaded it and took it for a spin. I'm a break in hard kinda guy so the first thing I did was let the bike warm up, rolled first gear let it rev and slammed 2nd, immediately the front end came up to the point where I had to let off. 3rd pulled even harder! 4th revved a little then ran out of road. Awesome! The power delivery is so smooth. I can't wait to get my ups man here with the blacked out barkers, monster intake and power commander. I also ordered itl holeshot hds on Msa redline wheels. Should really wake the bike up! I really believe this bike is smoother than my 700 grizz I got rid of. I'm sold again on raptors!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Well lets see some pics of this sucker.Need some before and after on it. Them blacked out Barkers are Sick. Wish I had the money for a set but I don't. And Welcome to the Forum.

how does it feel to be upside down on your loan (or driving around a quad worth half of what you paid cash for)?
Thats what you pay for when you buy new but it sounds like the OP has the money thing figured out if he has some other goodies on the way already. Hell them Barkers he is getting is worth almost as much as a 660:lol:

·
Pity is freely given, Jealousy is earned
264 Posts
how does it feel to be upside down on your loan (or driving around a quad worth half of what you paid cash for)?
Is someone jealous ?

If you enjoy it its worth what you paid !

·
Registered
10 Posts
congrats man! i got a blue and black 12 for christmas from my wife! she even had a store credit at the dealer for me to pick up some xtras too! if you think its strong now wait til you get your mods installed and sum hrs on the engine!:wow: you can tell a big difference once you got the big three!

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome

:needpics:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well actually I paid for it cash, so therw is no loan, 9100 tax title licence, I wouldnt invest in a machine if I would feel bad about it :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Well lets see some pics of this sucker.Need some before and after on it. Them blacked out Barkers are Sick. Wish I had the money for a set but I don't. And Welcome to the Forum.

Thats what you pay for when you buy new but it sounds like the OP has the money thing figured out if he has some other goodies on the way already. Hell them Barkers he is getting is worth almost as much as a 660:lol:
That was funny. And u sure did jump on the 700 band wagon pretty fast. All I know is I can do everything on my 660 that u guys do on ur 700s minus the efi tuning was that worth an extra $1500-2000..... To me no. But I'm not rich either.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
That was funny. And u sure did jump on the 700 band wagon pretty fast. All I know is I can do everything on my 660 that u guys do on ur 700s minus the efi tuning was that worth an extra $1500-2000..... To me no. But I'm not rich either.
u can buy a used 700 for 3-4k. this guy didnt start a thead so u dickweeds could come in here and wine.

ill take EFI over carbs anyday.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Not many people you see buy with cash any more:beer: That is a good amount of money but I am sure you will love it. :needpics:

I'm not trying to piss anyone off here but it seems to be the thread for it I guess. I am far from rich. I make 32k a year and got 2 kids with one on the way and the wife brought home 12k last year. Not rich by any means. I always thought all the people on here with nice quads were rich to but it is not the case most of the time. Just the average person that spends way to much on the Raptor Forums:D

I had enough money from parting my 660's to get my 700 so it was worth the upgrade(Who needs 2;)). I just wanted 1 nice quad and not 2 POS's. I loved my 660 but there are way more cool things for the 700's and then if I ever get money one day I can get a :turbo:. The 660's are getting dated now. I just seen alot of the higher HP 700's holding together better then the 660. It also didn't help getting beat on by the 700's at Silver Lake either;). I will say that my 660 stuff was sold to my best friend and that is what he will ride now. He has been a cheap ass for a few years and wouldn't buy anything so I gave him a deal on all the 660 parts I had so I would have a riding buddy. Need less to say he has about 2000 into and fully done up 660 now. Some FCR's and he could run some big numbers out of it but I will talk him into a 700 before he dumps all the money into it. I am no 660 hater by any means just the 700 is a better all around quad by far, stock for stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats on your new Raptor! Excellent choice and a fine machine.

To you guys that give the "brand new buyers" grief:

How the Hell would we ever buy a used one if someone hadn't stepped up and bought it new in the first place? Huh? LOLOL

·
Registered
4,139 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Lol "Upside Down." I don't think the meaning of that term is clear to the person that said it. In any event, to the OP, enjoy your new money pit, lol, and for God's sake man, get some damn pictures up here! We're dying!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
:wow: wtf :stir:

To the op, happy trails. :beer:

By the way, I bought my '09 in '09 with cash no loan. Sure I could've bought a used '07 and saved a little, but sometimes its nice to know exactly what your gettin into. Used is always a guessing game.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Not many people you see buy with cash any more:beer: That is a good amount of money but I am sure you will love it. :needpics:

I'm not trying to piss anyone off here but it seems to be the thread for it I guess. I am far from rich. I make 32k a year and got 2 kids with one on the way and the wife brought home 12k last year. Not rich by any means. I always thought all the people on here with nice quads were rich to but it is not the case most of the time. Just the average person that spends way to much on the Raptor Forums:D

I had enough money from parting my 660's to get my 700 so it was worth the upgrade(Who needs 2;)). I just wanted 1 nice quad and not 2 POS's. I loved my 660 but there are way more cool things for the 700's and then if I ever get money one day I can get a :turbo:. The 660's are getting dated now. I just seen alot of the higher HP 700's holding together better then the 660. It also didn't help getting beat on by the 700's at Silver Lake either;). I will say that my 660 stuff was sold to my best friend and that is what he will ride now. He has been a cheap ass for a few years and wouldn't buy anything so I gave him a deal on all the 660 parts I had so I would have a riding buddy. Need less to say he has about 2000 into and fully done up 660 now. Some FCR's and he could run some big numbers out of it but I will talk him into a 700 before he dumps all the money into it. I am no 660 hater by any means just the 700 is a better all around quad by far, stock for stock.
I was being serious about that being funny and sarcastic about u jumping on the band wagon. I definitely wasn't upset or pissed.

Just to clarify things a little lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts