Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a flier for the drag races at sandfest. Every thing is taking place at Riley
ranch off road park and campground. An amazing location with something for everyone.
Easy dune access,flush bathrooms with hot showers,great camp sites with power and
water hookups,a lake to paddle around on,mx track and of course the new (Permanent)
sand drag track.A great vendor area and parking for racers ,all on a nice flat
gravel area.Easy to walk on and more important easy to get big rigs in and out
without having to be towed.sandfest has secured a long term agreement with the
county to hold events at Riley ranch which allows the building of the permanent
track,what is really nice is that resources can be spent on improvements to the
track rather than building a new one each event. There will be additional drag race
events throughout the year,with a schedule to be determined.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Layout of Riley Ranch. New home of SANDFEST and the premier 300ft track. Track will be located next to Hwy 101(no driving thru the dune's to get to track) and walking distance from the campground. They are clearing 900ft for this new track with multiple event's every year.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Riley Ranch County Park is located at milepost 227 on US Highway 101 just west of the community of Hauser, Oregon and 6 miles north of North Bend, Oregon. Riley Ranch is adjacent to the Oregon Dunes National Recreational Area. Physical address is: 93507 Riley Ranch Lane, North Bend, OR 97459

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
Great information and photos Sub thank you for posting. I know they have some work left to complete this site but looking forward to what it can be when it is all done. Do you know if the trail to the sand will be covered in sand as well? I know that tires are very expensive and do not like gravel trails. Keep the information going on this location.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great information and photos Sub thank you for posting. I know they have some work left to complete this site but looking forward to what it can be when it is all done. Do you know if the trail to the sand will be covered in sand as well? I know that tires are very expensive and do not like gravel trails. Keep the information going on this location.
I believe the trail to the new access bridge is probably both, due to the fact of all the heavy equipment that was brought in to set the bridge(Gravel in the middle, sand on the side's). After the bridge, I believe it's 100% sand to the dune's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts