Raptor Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to lay out a 2012 Silver Lake Rally.

So far I'm thinking about the weekend of June 15-17, 2012 which is Father's Day weekend. I kind of like it because it's finally starting to get warm in Michigan in June, it's two weeks after Memorial day weekend and two weeks before July 4th weekend so that people who have holiday plans won't have to be out of town two weeks in a row.

We could hold off until mid-July or later as well.

I would like your thoughts, all input is appreciated. And if anyone is interested in running the show please let me know.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I'm in MD. I might not be able to be there on Fathers day but we will see. On Fathers day us Dads should be able to have fun right. I can help out if needed on some stuff just LMK.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'm in as well. I'm finally back and able to go riding, lol, so I'm making it this year.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Damn I Might not be able to go that day. Will have to see. My wife is due on the 10th as of right now so I would only be able to come up for the day and not the weekend. But as long as shes not in labor I will go. That would be a good weekend for it.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Damn I Might not be able to go that day. Will have to see. My wife is due on the 10th as of right now so I would only be able to come up for the day and not the weekend. But as long as shes not in labor I will go. That would be a good weekend for it.

Dog what do you have to be there for, your part is over with.

I might have to come up for it this year.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just don't see a good weekend to have it between Early April to mid-July, Father's day has always been an issue for some and I can understand that. Of course for you Dog there's a bit more involved ;)

If anyone has ideas for alternate dates I'm listening, I just wanted to keep it in a warm month and away from the big holiday weekends like memorial or 4th of July.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I'm good for Fathers day weekend just as long as she don't go overdue. She even said I could go:lol: so I am in unless she goes a couple weeks overdue and I doubt that will happen. I think its a good weekend because its before it gets to hot out there and it might not be as busy to. I'm not all about riding the dunes when its 90+ out.

So as it sits count me in for this weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'm good for Fathers day weekend just as long as she don't go overdue. She even said I could go:lol: so I am in unless she goes a couple weeks overdue and I doubt that will happen. I think its a good weekend because its before it gets to hot out there and it might not be as busy to. I'm not all about riding the dunes when its 90+ out.

So as it sits count me in for this weekend.
First off, tell her to make sure that baby is popped out before then, or as HK said, your part is already taken care of...you serve no purpose being there. The doctor delivers the baby, not you my friend, lol. Second, I don't want to even hear anything about not wanting to ride the dunes when it's 90+ out, Mr. IPickTheHottestDayOfTheYearToRideBundy. Haha. Third, I was hoping I was going to have a spot in the trailer, lol!

·
Registered
664 Posts
I guess I will make it this year too....somebody has to beat up on those YFZs on the strip...:lol: Let me know what I can do MD.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I guess I will make it this year too....somebody has to beat up on those YFZs on the strip...:lol: Let me know what I can do MD.
Just as long as you guys don't run off with all the hot ass, lol. I know those Turbo bikes are a panty dropper, but some of us don't have deep pockets and can only afford old 660's with a pipe and some other small mods. Leave some sweet action for us, or just stay home lol!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
How wide can my quad be?? Im at 53" right now. If i can sqeeze by with 51" i'll be there. Might be able to change my alignment and get down to 50.5".

·
Registered
664 Posts
How wide can my quad be?? Im at 53" right now. If i can sqeeze by with 51" i'll be there. Might be able to change my alignment and get down to 50.5".
Its the sand dunes...no width limit only sound limits. As long as you have a sparky your good. BTW you are 1/2 hr south of me. Im in Sturgis

·
Registered
664 Posts
Just as long as you guys don't run off with all the hot ass, lol. I know those Turbo bikes are a panty dropper, but some of us don't have deep pockets and can only afford old 660's with a pipe and some other small mods. Leave some sweet action for us, or just stay home lol!!!
My bike is no panty dropper...I just like turbos. Its a pretty good time there weather you race or ride or hang out. Nice to put a face to a name and pick on each other a little too. And if its warm there is ALOT to see for you. :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
How long do the spark arrestors have to be in there? I've blown the screens out that came in my looney tooned exhaust. I blew out the original sets of screens in like fifteen minutes, and the new screens might have lasted that long. Can i just put new ones in and go through the gate? or will there be spot checks?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Usually its just at the gate they will check you. Sounds like you need some better spark arresters if they only last that long. I have seen homemade ones blow out fast but any "Real" spark arresters will last. I put on in the Sparks pipe that riveted to the core but it was kinda pricey compared to the ones that go under the end caps but it didn't have a modular end cap for that option.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ive seen some "cones" that protrude into the can made from perforated stainless, however none for the looney tuned exhaust. I have some perforated aluminum at work that i've considerd making into arrestors but i'm not quite sure how long the aluminum would hold up.
But if its just at the gate then i'll throw some in there! and since theres no width limits then count me in! Just set a final date so i can nail down my vacation.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, I keep blowing out sparkies in my YFZ's Sparks exhaust. I'm gonna try some kitchen sink strainer that some people have recommended.

Oh and rally wise, when a concrete date is nailed down I might consider making the trip up

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.