Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As usual, all are welcome. You don't need to have a Raptor or be part of any particular forum to attend so bring your friends and family. Atvs, motorcycles, side by sides and the like will all be welcome on the group ride.

Schedule
Thursday June 7th
No group events, arrival date for some members.

Friday June 8th 9:00am to 5pm - No group events scheduled but we will have an assembly area in the parking lot.
5pm to 9pm - test and tune at WMSD

Saturday June 9th
10:00am - Group ride; assemble on the beach and then we'll ride for about an hour to an hour and a half. We'll start with a slow group ride, just a cruise around the dunes. And then circle back around to the beach after a lap or two and split it up.
12:00pm - BBQ down on the beach. Group Picture to immediately follow Lunch Approximate time of 1:30pm but subject to change.
Afternoon - Ride with other members, or go out by yourself. Staging area will be the same. Times vary according to need.

All day Saturday Yamaha will be at the dunes for Demo Days. There will also be some action a few miles away at the West Michigan Sand Dragway for their points series race.

Sunday
No group events, most will be headed home. Yamaha will still be around for the continuation of Demo Days.

I'll find some way to make our group stand out this year so that the assembly areas are easy to find. More details on that as it develops.

There will be no group rate this year at Sierra Sands, prices are $96/night Friday/Saturday nights and $76 for weeknights. This is for rooms with 1 queen bed and 1 sofa (max 3 people) or a deluxe room (2 queen beds, 4 person max). You can have more people in these rooms for an additional cost of $5 per person per night. There are suites available for more $$$. We usually end up with triple and quadruple occupancy. There are a very limited number of fold away beds available for additional charge of 8 dollars per night.

Hotel information here: http://www.sierrasands.com/index.php

There will also be members staying at other locations and campgrounds in the area, so feel free to choose whatever accommodations suit you best.

For more information on lodging in the area, look here: http://www.thinkdunes.com/lodging-10/

Food/Who's Bringing it/What we still need

Any other foods or non alcoholic beverages you'd like to bring and share (alcohol not permitted within dune area and parking lot)

Attendees +group - hotel/campground - Item(s) they will be bringing

Looks like we'll have around 30 attendees.

Langford - Sierra - Grill,Table, canopy, hot dogs, buns, condiments
MadDog (+1) - Sierra - canopy, K&N Banner, Paper Products (plates/napkins/utensils), condiments
NHRAdragracer (+6) - Silver Sands - Veggie tray, dessert
Phucker - Sierra
TWISTER +2 - Cabin - Cookies, Hamburgers and buns, table
Slideways +5
Sand84
Hefe
Fader
Lowbudget - Chips
Lovvsbody - ValDu Lakes - Grill
tdog+2 - popcorn, water
Quinnsta - water, chips

Unconfirmed:
Boatman
cdg097
RaMpAgErApToR
twyztid

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Just when I was getting depressed, Mad Dog comes through with something wonderful to chase the cold winter air away. Ohhh....wonderful thoughts of warm sun and sand and bikini clad women....oh yeah, and Raptors!!!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I am in as long as the wife don't decide to have the baby that weekend. I will only be up for the day this year. I will wait on bringing something up until the end in case I can't make it. I would hate to say I was gonna bring the Burgers again but not make it at all due to baby conflicts.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
I'll grill again and bring the grill(s) and related items for cooking. Oh an I'll even cook again. I didn't burn anything to bad last year did I? An a slow ride? You think we can really do that? LOL

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Oh and i know a guy and my uncle as well, but he lives in Fl, that has a lettering/graphics company. I'll talk to both of them about getting some banners made. PM me ideas you might have on this Mike as well as everyone else. Maybey one for a gathering area in the lot or just one we can have haning from e-z ups. We could put 2-3-4 e-z ups next to each other and have a huge banner. Ya just PM me Ideas.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
I am in as long as the wife don't decide to have the baby that weekend. I will only be up for the day this year. I will wait on bringing something up until the end in case I can't make it. I would hate to say I was gonna bring the Burgers again but not make it at all due to baby conflicts.
How dare you scheduled the birthing of your next child around the time of this years rally! I got NO love for hoe's like you!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Well done Lows! Now if you have any more pics of bikini clad women, please feel free to PM them to me, lol!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Who has the white and blue raptor in this pic? Was this the one that is on a stock swingarm? IIRC that thing was a sleeper for sure. The beach did have alot of hotties on it for sure last year. The wife won't be with me this year so it should be much funner. Didn't get to BS with many other people. Gotta keep the wife away from my hobby:lol: Now just got to make sure she pops that baby out early and not on that weekend.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Who has the white and blue raptor in this pic? Was this the one that is on a stock swingarm? IIRC that thing was a sleeper for sure. The beach did have alot of hotties on it for sure last year. The wife won't be with me this year so it should be much funner. Didn't get to BS with many other people. Gotta keep the wife away from my hobby:lol: Now just got to make sure she pops that baby out early and not on that weekend.
I think that is ryans turbo bike in the background that is a red and white 09

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
You talking about the one directly behind the boundary marker in the pic? Ya thats Ryans' "Sand84" bike. It's a 09 with the white/red/black colors.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Well done Lows! Now if you have any more pics of bikini clad women, please feel free to PM them to me, lol!

Sorry Chad. Thats the best I got. We didn't spend all that much time down on the beach. The first and third pic is one of a few pics I took on the beach. Those where at like 9:30 10:00 in the morning when we where setting up our meeting/picnic area. The other pics on the beach my parents took when I had left my camera behind when we went out for our afternoon ride.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
You need to hope she has it early and that way you can go up for more than just a day, lol.

No worries Lows, I was just playin' anyway. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity to get some footage this year, lol.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Damn, who's that fat guy by the white cooler? ??? Oh yeah...that'd be me :lol:

I have a big gas grill in my trailer, so we can throw that in a pickup and bring out to the beach if it would be easier...
The fat guy is standing behind the camera!

I'm planning on taking mine and maybe my parents full size grill. I might just bring one and we can grab yours. The table top grills are nice but where a pain to cook on out on the windy beach. I think the full size grills will be a much better option.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
You need to hope she has it early and that way you can go up for more than just a day, lol.

No worries Lows, I was just playin' anyway. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity to get some footage this year, lol.
I second this notion. No baby's or wife with you = party time!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I guess I am color blind it looked like it could be a Blue hood and white plastic. There was a stock swingarm, Blue and white one on the strip that was VERY fast. Didn't know if he was with us at the rally or not with us. It was a sleeper looking quad. Kept beating that 450 Kawi on a stock swinger. Had a set of Barkers on it to.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts