Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all I’m new to the forum and was in need of some guidance or help! So I just bought a 2013 Raptor 700R and when I push the throttle it’s all bogged down and the idle is really rough sometimes the bike will just die. I figured it might just have been bad fuel because the previous owner and left the bike sitting for a while. So I drained old fuel and put in new fuel with some seafoam. Still the problem persisted so I pulled out the spark plug and it’s completely black and wet from fuel, so I cleaned the plug and tested it and reinstalled it. Ran the bike again and pulled the plug and it was immediately black and wet with fuel. So I’m wondering could this be a problem with the TPS? Also my Raptor is stock,I appreciate any and all feedback!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would make sure the air filter is in good condition and clean and test the TPS.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Are you blipping the throttle open before its warm? Are you giving it gas when trying to start it?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you blipping the throttle open before its warm? Are you giving it gas when trying to start it?

Figured it out, just needed some time for new fuel to run through the system and I was giving it throttle while it was idling and cold, also put in new spark plug.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts

Figured it out, just needed some time for new fuel to run through the system and I was giving it throttle while it was idling and cold, also put in new spark plug.
That could have been the whole problem. You are not supposed to give it any throttle at all while starting it, and not rev it much until the engine is warm. That will easily foul spark plugs on a raptor 700. Glad you got it going

1 - 5 of 5 Posts