Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha has released the new 2013 lineup with some real slick looking color combos. They also have released a new Raptor 700 that features a simpler suspension setup than the 700r does for a lower cost. Basically going back to the 2006 style shocks without reservoirs and lowering the atv's cost about $500

Its a good sign for the ATV market to see new models coming out after little to no changes the past 3 years.

Here is the new Raptor 700

·
Registered
310 Posts
Too bad they had to mess up the nose piece, biggest mistake they have made so far.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Ya not digging the hood at all now.

·
Registered
331 Posts
IMO if the hood is all people are bitching about then I don't think they did to bad. I'm 6'8"tall tall, I wish they would of had the fenders moved up back in 06.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I also prefer the older hood, still would have liked to see some better modifications made to it.

DMC Duals as standard would be a great start! removing the speedo/info panel was also a dumb move.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I also prefer the older hood, still would have liked to see some better modifications made to it.

DMC Duals as standard would be a great start! removing the speedo/info panel was also a dumb move.
I agree on the duals being standard!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Removing the digital dash was clearly the worst part.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I do like the radiator guard though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
yea i dont think the hood is a big deal tbh....but i did not know they removed the digital guage.....thats pretty stupid. You would think they would add more advanced technology instead of taking it away. bc of that i dont think this is any better than my '07.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Well ill never buy a new Raptor if it looks like that! EVER!

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I guess, all they have done is cheaped it down (did i make that word up?)... hence the lack of technology, modifications, terrible color schemes, less plastic on the hood and removing the clocks.

3 different models with price tags lower then what we bought our 700r at. So in a weak economy they are trying to boost sales with the cheaper rides. Personally I would rather pay a little more for more bike that looks better.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think the hood looks good. But would be concerned about less protection. I'm sure the aftermarket guru's will have fun making add on protection for the 2013's.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I dont think that the dash is what you would call advanced technology. Digital displays have been around since timex watches. The guages added more wires and dead weight, its a creature comfort. They messed up big with the hood though, its fugly; but I do like the way the new front fenders are setup.

Im glad ugly doesnt make a bike slow though

·
Registered
892 Posts

It looks like they used the grill piece from the Honda 700XX:puke:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I dont think that the dash is what you would call advanced technology. Digital displays have been around since timex watches. The guages added more wires and dead weight, its a creature comfort. They messed up big with the hood though, its fugly; but I do like the way the new front fenders are setup.

Im glad ugly doesnt make a bike slow though
The gauge added what, 2 pounds, maybe. I take a healthy $hit I lose 2 pounds.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
No offense towards any 09+ owners but how often do you look down to see how fast your going? I agree with GR, chuck the gauges! I can go just as fast or faster than the people with gauges. It's a SPORT quad not a leisure ride for my 82yr grandpa. The less technology the better, all I need is the wires running to the FI and I'm good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts