Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , I have a 2014 and was playing around in the snow today when it suddenly stalls , no spitting or sputtering just dies ..can be in any gear revving any rpm and just stalls randomly . fires back up , drive for a second and dies ...can ride 5-10 mins no problem then it happens again . If I ride the clutch without fully engaging it , it will run ...the dash did go nuts and start flickering everything for a sec .... checked for water in airbox, plug , water in gas, electrical connections etc .. I’m confused

·
Registered
250 Posts
hey guys , I have a 2014 and was playing around in the snow today when it suddenly stalls , no spitting or sputtering just dies ..can be in any gear revving any rpm and just stalls randomly . fires back up , drive for a second and dies ...can ride 5-10 mins no problem then it happens again . If I ride the clutch without fully engaging it , it will run ...the dash did go nuts and start flickering everything for a sec .... checked for water in airbox, plug , water in gas, electrical connections etc .. I’m confused
Disclaimer, I've had a raptor for about 6 months so what I'm telling you isn't from direct experience, but I've put in my time under trucks and cars......that outta the way, the dash spazzing out definitely screams electrical something.

2014 is a little new to have wires rotting out inside their insulation, but it's not totally unheard of if an egress point was created by debris or heat.

What is the terrain condition when it dies? Is it a sharp bump? hard left? Hard right? Dies under heavy braking?

In a past life my job was to trouble shoot fairly complex systems. Step 1, 99% of the time, is to figure out how to consistently re-create the event. How doesn't matter.....for example, if this thing happens under a hard left turn, now you're looking for wires that can move in the direction of centrifugal force towards a heat source, or a ground....we're looking for connectors that might lie along that axis....we see that it could be fuel starvation (from gas getting pinned up against the side of the tank).

Recreation just helps you narrow down where to look, which is everything. Gotta know where to look first.

I'm probably way overthinking it though, Morph or Dez will likely be along shortly to tell you exactly what's wrong. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts

What ended up being the issue with your raptor randomly stalling?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts