Raptor Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Did you replace the fuel pump? Kinda leaning towards that especially if it starts for a bit than dies. Initial fuel pressure mite be enough to start but isnt staying on after start up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,174 Posts
When the key is turned on, the fuel pump runs for a few seconds to prime the system. Is that energized by the ECU or the relay. Then the relay kicks on I would test the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes I replaced the fuel pump. Yes it runs for a few seconds when I turn the key on. I'll look into the relay
My buddy suggested yesterday that maybe there is an oil pressure sensor that I didn't reconnect or isnt working, and that shuts the fuel off? IDK. Possible I guess?

·
11,174 Posts
Also known as a LOP switch, low oil pressure, the 700 doesn't have one.

Reactions: HeWasRidinDirty

·
11,174 Posts
What year is your bike?

I have the fuel pump hose you need, as well as a pressure switch, fuel pump relay, injector and ECU, 16 bit system, (early).

If pressure builds and drops off without starting the motor, something is leaking. Possible injector, "O" rings for the pump or the black rubber hose on the fuel pump (inside the tank).

pressure goes up to about 45 like it should, but, then drops right off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's a 2016
Awesome dude. I'm gonna pull the T.B off, maybe tonight, and check it out. . I have a fuel hose on order ( I think I told you that already) and also an air filter, battery box and battery bracket. I ordered that stuff 3 weeks ago and it just shipped today. I think that's what shipped, anyway. Something did. LOL

What year is your bike?

I have the fuel pump hose you need, as well as a pressure switch, fuel pump relay, injector and ECU, 16 bit system, (early).

If pressure builds and drops off without starting the motor, something is leaking. Possible injector, "O" rings for the pump or the black rubber hose on the fuel pump (inside the tank).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
So, yes those parts shipped today.
The yellow circle is, I assume, the pressure switch. I think in the manual to check that is to hook up the gauge to the fuel line and start it. Edit. That this procedure is for checking the pressure regulator. And like I explained the way I tested it, the pressure dropped off. That may be the culprit.
The green thing is the injector, right? That o-ring could be bad. I think I'll replace that. And dezperado, you have a pressure switch?

20200615_162629.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Still gotta get the thing to start.The battery doesn't look good. It's my understanding that when a battery starts showing dampness on the outside, it's done. Or close. And I said I had a new battery out of a Honda rancher 350, but it wont crank it either. But, that Honda is half the c.c's, and nowhere near the compression I would think. Maybe that battery doesn't have the grunt to crank a 700?
20200615_163434.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok, fellas. I got the new battery and fuel line. I charged the battery, but, it still wont crank it. I think I stumbled upon the problem. It looks like the cam is 1 tooth off. That could cause that right? The flywheel is dead on TDC.
20200624_172836.jpg

Now the running for 4 seconds and dying issue. I put the new fuel line on when I put the battery in and tried to start it. That was a couple days ago. But, just a half hour ago, when I pulled the fuel line off of the tank, it had a very noticeable pressure spray. Not like before at all. I'm hoping that the fuel line was the problem.
I also had a tiny bit of water leaking from the head. I tightened the bolts and it quit....but, I pulled the head off again anyway. I gave it a little bit of redneck resurfacing. LOL.
20200624_175434.jpg

·
11,174 Posts
I have all the parts you need. Including a battery. Just make a list.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So, I got the cam timing right aaaaaand I decided to double check the valves. The clearance on the ex side was about a 1/4"! That's why it wouldn't turn over and start. So, I got that taken care of, but now, I'm not getting any fuel. It'll start with a shot of ether, and then die. So.....IDK now. I have some new O-rings that go on the injector coming. One of them doesn't look good. @DEZPERADO do you have a new injector available. IDK what is taking the Yammie dealer so long to get the new O-rings. I guess the corona thing has slowed down alot shipping times.
Screenshot_20200626-135550_Gallery.jpg

·
11,174 Posts
@DEZPERADO do you have a new injector available. IDK what is taking the Yammie dealer so long to get the new O-rings. I guess the corona thing has slowed down alot shipping times. View attachment 139034
I have a used factory injector, cleaned and tested, very good seal. $25, -10% sale 4Th July, $22.50, $5.00 shipping to lower 48.

I just cam across your, next time, flag me or send a PM.

·
11,174 Posts
Didn't you read my previous post?:cool:

I have all the parts I need. I think. I'm putting the head back on tonight, so we'll see what happens. (y)
I don't always read all threads. I'm on different forums and facebook, and don't get to read everything.
It's best to flag or message with your needs. I still have lots left.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just throwing it out there.
When you put the cases back together did you use gaskets or make your own using liquid gasket?
Did you try a new spark plug?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts