Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have posted before with the intentions of picking up a Raptor 90 for my soon to be 8 yr old daughter. After further review, I think we have come to the Polaris Outlaw 110 w/ EFI.

Headlights, taillights, wrist tether/kill switch, helmet, flag, FUEL INJECTION, etc.

It comes with so much more that the new Raptors. The difference in price is $300. (Polaris being more)

112cc engine on this 110 Outlaw. The dealer is right down the street from me so that's a plus.

Just curious on some of your thoughts......

·
Registered
120 Posts
I went with the Honda trx90 for my daughter. It's not efi but it fires right up and rides great for her. Got it for her right before she turned 6. No clutch but she has to shift. Figured it would help her start getting used to shifting when she's ready for an upgrade.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked it up this morning. Governor jumper already disconnected. She is LOVING it! Badass little quad!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
7,884 Posts
I started my son on a Polaris Scrambler 90 I bought new and this was 16 years ago when he was 6. Loved it! It would even haul us adults around. Nothing but good things from Polaris!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The governor was removed after about an hour. (jumper wire under the seat)

Quick little sucker.

She was all smiles and was bumping the throttle as she rode past me......says that's what I do......lol.

Really an amazing machine. Very happy with it! Great price IMO for what you get. Got goggles thrown in and didn't have to pay for freight or assembly like the other dealer said I would have to. ($600)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think it's good getting the kids started early. Can get expensive the the choices (do I upgrade the kids ride or mine). LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right on!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 5 and 6 year old the same quad. They love it. both were ridding tt50's and they like this so much more. Same with you the governor was off in about an hour and its such a pleasure that they are able to start and back out of the shed by themselves makes they feel so proud. My only thing is now they are tearing up the trails but I still waiting for a skid plate to come out especially due to the low clearance. Awesome quad though

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not sure if you noticed this or not, but you mentioned the Raptor 90. The newest Raptor 90 and newest Outlaw 110 EFI are based on the same quad. If you look closely at the frame, brakes, engine, suspension, etc and even the name stamped on the engine you'll see they're the same except for what you mentioned, being a horn, EFI, brake light, headlights (sort of) more ccs, and different looks.

I lean toward the Outlaw 110 myself. One plus I see to the Raptor 90 is the back up kick start and it being less reliant on a battery than the EFI. Otherwise, I think the advantage goes to the Outlaw for additional features.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A back up kick start would be nice for sure but no issues yet. The Outlaw 110 also has reverse which was nice too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts