Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys was changing my oil for the first time on my new bike has about 15 hours on it. As doing so I noticed these cracks and "non-factory" looking hole in the oil filter compartment. Ive been told that its just casting edge cracks and its normal. And some have said hell no that doesn't look good lol Need some advice please thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I can't remember how mine looks exactly, but found this on Google

I would definitely not like that. If it looks funny there, who knows what other places could be messed up. It's an imperfect cast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,471 Posts
The holes are supposed to be there. I can't tell if those are cracks or flash. I would think that it is casting flash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks like cracks in the casting to me. If that were my bike, it would be going to the dealer. I've never seen anything like that on any of my atv's.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Take it to the dealer. That can't be good.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
10,471 Posts
The holes are supposed to be there. I can't tell if those are cracks or flash. I would think that it is casting flash.

I still believe the lines are casting flash, and the hole is supposed to be there. I'm so sure, I'll bet anyone $50 I'm right, and you're wrong. Who's in?? Prove me wrong and collect $50 in your paypal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I no this is an old thread but
What did it end up being?
I have a new raptor and was just doing my first service and came across this same problem ...
Not happy
$13000 ðŸ˜*

·
10,471 Posts
I still believe the lines are casting flash, and the hole is supposed to be there. I'm so sure, I'll bet anyone $50 I'm right, and you're wrong. Who's in?? Prove me wrong and collect $50 in your paypal.
I agree with DEZPERADO
Looks like casting flash to me, too.
I no this is an old thread but
What did it end up being?
I have a new raptor and was just doing my first service and came across this same problem ...
Not happy
$13000 ðŸ˜*
I still have my $50, nobody has proved me wrong. It's casting flash and causes no problems.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts