Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my shocks today from Jogaca Suspension Works. Kevin was awesome to work with. Install to follow. 2016 Raptor 700
More pics to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,789 Posts
Ohhh, that looks fantastic! Kevin does great work for sure.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yup yup, looks great and will ride great too

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Awesome how long did it take to get back after shipping them out? Did he let you choose the powder coat color?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome how long did it take to get back after shipping them out? Did he let you choose the powder coat color?

I ended up getting all new from him. Yeah, you can pick the spring color! Everything took about 2wks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just want to chime and speak about Kevin, i also had my shocks redone by him. HE IS AWESOME... I am in love with my new shocks.
I bought an '08 last year and am in need of having the shocks reworked or buying new. Those look great. What made you choose getting your factory shocks reworked compared to buying new?Honestly these look just as good as the ones the OP bought new. Not sure how much I want to spend and I see you have 3 different springs which I bet added price. Does Kevin have options for all price ranges?

·
Super Moderator
7,789 Posts
I bought an '08 last year and am in need of having the shocks reworked or buying new. Those look great. What made you choose getting your factory shocks reworked compared to buying new?Honestly these look just as good as the ones the OP bought new. Not sure how much I want to spend and I see you have 3 different springs which I bet added price. Does Kevin have options for all price ranges?
Kevin will work with you on what works best for you. He is a rider that does this as a side gig, but knows what works. Believe me when I say it's worth calling him. Even if after you talk to him and you want to drop coin elsewhere, his knowledge on shocks will help in your decision. I need to call him again soon, just to catch up with our life activities. He is a solid guy that just loves to help fellow riders.

480-262-3216, tell him Larry from Colorado sent ya.

·
Super Moderator
7,789 Posts
The 3 different Springs you are seeing are the 2 front, 1 rear. Looks like some yzf450 progressive fronts, rebuilt rear. Exactly what I did to mine, only in red.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
The 3 different Springs you are seeing are the 2 front, 1 rear. Looks like some yzf450 progressive fronts, rebuilt rear. Exactly what I did to mine, only in red.
I think he might mean the 3 springs on each front shock, they appear to be triple rate.... and yes, jogaca can rebuild your oem shocks or yfz shocks and convert them to double or triple rate springs for an additional cost. I dont remember how much extra, but i dont think it was much

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I meant the 3 different spring sections on each of the front shocks that palvarez05 posted. I'm guessing that each section has a different spring rate and works similar to a progressive spring like what the OP had on his fronts. I should really call Kevin soon since it's winter here and the Raptor has just been sitting on the battery tender. I should do my tax refund and see if I'll get enough back for this upgrade.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

My fronts are rebuilt YFZ 450 shocks that I bought off of him. I believe the new rear is a rebuilt 700r shock. My raptor is just a 700 so the shocks were non adjustable from factory, unlike the 700r.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just want to chime and speak about Kevin, i also had my shocks redone by him. HE IS AWESOME... I am in love with my new shocks.
Anyway you can post some pics of yours down on the ground? I want to see what the ride height looks like with the triple rate springs vs. the standard yfz450r progressive springs. I have the same 18.25" YFZ450R LT shocks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts