Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ride my raptor 90 I can hear a slight clicking sound and it struggles to shift up and down and I also want to know if you can kickstart the raptor and then take the transmition cover off while its running as i dont have a battery for it anymore? Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Can you explain struggling to shift in more detail?
Does it grind into gear?
Need alot of force to go in gear?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
This is a foot shift/auto clutch, 3 or 4 speed, correct?
And if so, it seems to be falling in and out of gear whenever the rpms change? Not the clutch itself slipping?

As for removing the cover running?
Probably not, other than quickly losing oil(and therefore oil pressure),
I would think something cast into the inside of the cover keeps the kicker spring from flying off, but, I am not familiar with that particular model, but they are all built on the same engine design.
After you remove the clutch cover, you'll only see the 2 clutch assemblies, the transmission is not visible or accessable, you must split the cases to get to the gears, shafts, forks, and bearings.
Again assuming this is a foot shifter(not a CVT), you will see 2 clutches under the kicker cover.
One is a standard style, the other, a cvt style, and the 2 are connected by gears(which is why you can foot shift without a hand clutch).
Check the condition of these first.
PM @morphrider for a pdf of the service manual.

·
Super Moderator
8,352 Posts
I can look in my archives to see if I have the service manual for those, pretty sure I do.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a foot shift/auto clutch, 3 or 4 speed, correct?
And if so, it seems to be falling in and out of gear whenever the rpms change? Not the clutch itself slipping?

As for removing the cover running?
Probably not, other than quickly losing oil(and therefore oil pressure),
I would think something cast into the inside of the cover keeps the kicker spring from flying off, but, I am not familiar with that particular model, but they are all built on the same engine design.
After you remove the clutch cover, you'll only see the 2 clutch assemblies, the transmission is not visible or accessable, you must split the cases to get to the gears, shafts, forks, and bearings.
Again assuming this is a foot shifter(not a CVT), you will see 2 clutches under the kicker cover.
One is a standard style, the other, a cvt style, and the 2 are connected by gears(which is why you can foot shift without a hand clutch).
Check the condition of these first.
PM @morphrider for a pdf of the service manual.
its a cvt transmition

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,695 Posts
I would take the belt off and clean it with Dawn dish soap, rinse good and let dry. Blow out the primary with compressed air. Clean the primary and secondary with a scotch pad and brake cleaner.
If that doesn't cure it, you may need to service the primary, or a new belt.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could you also tell me what the TORC rating for the bolts on the primary and secondary for when I put it back together

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,695 Posts
Could you also tell me what the TORC rating for the bolts on the primary and secondary for when I put it back together
I don't have a manual. You may be able to Google it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts