Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1214 Posts

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well back by popular demand (or threats), the BS thread. Out with old and in with the new. This thread is for whatever the heck you want to talk about, whether it be your wife, girlfriend, or your dog. Lets talk about it. Primarily your wife or girlfriend ;) because I know you all like that kind of stuff, well maybe I do too.

And I can't forget we could always mention those little cc quads that you all ride around for enjoyment. Any plans for them? Builds? Powdercoat? More POWER?

·
Super Moderator
7,875 Posts
Great intro, lol.

Family started in the new year by scouting new areas to ride. Went along Colorado/Wyoming border at areas I have ridden before but it is not an area I can or want to bring my toyhauler. Tight road and bumpy. Road has zero maintenance in winter so we took truck until the snow was getting a bit deep and decided to turn back.

Then of course we get back and our dryer decides it doesn't want to be a part of the family anymore so we go to adopt another today.

Still have my eyes set on getting that WR250f in March, so got that going good in the plans and savings account so far. It's either going to be my buddies 2016 or if he decides to keep it, then 2017 model. It's worth it to me to buy new since I do not let things go too easy. Heck, still keeping my 2001 yz250f as a buddy bike...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wwwwhhhooowhooo! Alright Cammy!! Idk what to talk about first, the wife? No no, the girlfriend, no no no, the structure fire I watched on New Years Eva from a rooftop party we crashed in downtown St. Louis!!
You know, I'd better just take a nap, since I've gotta work tonight. But man if this thread had started yesterday, you guys wouldn't believe the stories.......

Sent from Mrs.Clauses IPhone

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Think I'm full of it huh? One structure fire of the 2 story variety coming up.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't have much in the way of plans for bruiser (that's my raptors name if your new around here.) I'd like to do more riding this year. I've given up on trying to get my long time friends to go all the time. I rode with "xmoweryx" who's on this forum, and I look forward to doing that some more. I'd like to meet up with those guys from Illinois. Already have tentative plans with Cammy, unless there's another emergency in Holly Colorado. I May even get to shake hands with Morph.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the sign that Andon made for Dez, above his Vessel sink.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,819 Posts
I'm really looking forward to seeing the sign that Andon tmade for Dez, above his Vessel sink.

The sink and trailer are at the dealer for repairs, I'll call today for a update. I've got a invite to go to Glamis at the end of January, but my recent hip replacement has me concerned its to soon. The "North West Raptor Rally" at Winchester Bay Oregon is coming up in May again. You ALL are invited again, just let me know! I WILL be there! After that, I'll be planning another hip or knee replacement for the fall. .

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Going to get my quad looking good again!! Powder coat and plastics hopefully
Need to put the motor back together too just doing a stock motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
689 Posts
Anyone going to be over at Glamis for president's day? If all goes well and the women say "ok" then I will be there. (first time)

·
Super Moderator
7,875 Posts
Well holy cow this cold weather just plain sucks. Had -15 the other day and 6"-8" new snow in the front range. Feet in the mountains not far away. Not much outside activity here, lol. If we can get away for a couple hours we might head to the RV show going on in Denver. Never been to one but it gets us out of the house. I don't think I can talk the wife to another mountain drive, she knows I like to get off the beaten path and it freaks her out a bit when I do that in these conditions.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Well holy cow this cold weather just plain sucks. Had -15 the other day and 6"-8" new snow in the front range. Feet in the mountains not far away. Not much outside activity here, lol. If we can get away for a couple hours we might head to the RV show going on in Denver. Never been to one but it gets us out of the house. I don't think I can talk the wife to another mountain drive, she knows I like to get off the beaten path and it freaks her out a bit when I do that in these conditions.
Did you end up making it to the RV show/sales event (cause thats probably what it really is..buy me! buy me! you need me! i need that in my life!). I know a few people that actually live in RV's and i gotta say they are pretty freaking sweet! If i were to get one of course it would have to be a toy hauler as well.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Have you guys/gals seen the 700 billet cases?

·
Super Moderator
7,875 Posts
We ended up not going. it would have been just window shopping for sure, no need to buy on since ours is only 2 years old. A friends son and his wife bought one to live in rather than a house. Huge toy hauler, but it's their home. I think they are in their early 20's. Unit was around $80,000 and they have issues already with it leaking. I like going to the lots checking stuff out though, there are awesome units out there for sure. Just not a fan of enclosed toy haulers and lack of living space, mud from machines on floor, gas smell. Ours is front deck option.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I dont know morph i like the smell of my garage when i go in there. Honestly though i dont think i could live with that smell. When and if i decided to purchase one i think like what you have front deck or rear lift option(also an investment into glade plug in stock). Just because almost every where i would be riding or traveling would be only for a week or so. My coworker used to be in the RV business and there is a lot of new units with issues. Its a pain in the arse but at least its under warranty and will be fixed. Ive considered buying a box truck of some sort or bus and converting to a toy hauler/party bus for those long trips or what not.

·
Super Moderator
7,875 Posts
I love our unit, zero issues other than not enough time to use it...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Oh yeah very nice. How many does it sleep?

1 - 20 of 1214 Posts