Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just recently purchased a yfz and it's really fast but I want faster, what are some cheap parts?
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,887 Posts
Congrats on the new toy. Broke the bank purchasing it now you want to go cheap?? Spend around $1000 on the big 3 set up. Or if that's too rich for you, look into gearing to play around with the placement of the power. Bigger front sprocket.

·
Registered
700 Posts
To add some detail to that thought.

The YFZ is a pretty awesome machine, right out of the box.
So the first thing to do is get out there and ride it, learn what it needs for your type of riding.

Cosmetic and Race Prep, you may want to put some Nerf Bars on it. That will keep your feet safer and looks cool, but if you ride trails then Nerfs will reduce your climb over clearance.
If you hit a track you will need a Kill Switch that ties to your wrist.

The "Big Three" is the common threesome of upgrades that most people do when they want to gain 10-25% more power without cracking the engine open.
1. Bigger more open Air Cleaner and Induction tube - The FCI (Fuel Customs Intake) is about the only one that will best the stock setup in your case.
2. Exhaust System - Brands and Tastes differ greatly, do you need to keep it under 96decibels? Full MX guys like the DASA carbons and cut them down shorter, but they are really loud.
3. Fuel Controller - Now that your bike can process more air, it needs more fuel and this inline control box allows you to amp up the stock fuel maps. Models, Prices and Features Vary.

More than anything - RIDE IT !
Don't let it gather dust and money and become a showpiece in the garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts