Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1128 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I dont know if they are worth it but i have been looking at the axcalibar, dominator2 and dura blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,587 Posts
I dont know if they are worth it but i have been looking at the axcalibar, dominator2 and dura blue

I might have a used Alba axle to sell. I can look tomorrow if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I might have a used Alba axle to sell. I can look tomorrow if you're interested.

Up to you. I just got my hubs from you. I was having a hard time getting the sprocket hub on and just stopped. So I probably just need to get a new axle. Ive been tossing around the idea of a new quad to start fresh and not fix everything thats been going wrong for 11+ years

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,587 Posts
Up to you. I just got my hubs from you. I was having a hard time getting the sprocket hub on and just stopped. So I probably just need to get a new axle. Ive been tossing around the idea of a new quad to start fresh and not fix everything thats been going wrong for 11+ years

You want a tight fit. Heat up the sprocket in your oven or at least 15 minutes with a hair dryer/heat gun. Use gloves. Then hammer it on with a piece of pipe to fit over the axle. ABS pipe will do. Add a little amount of heavy grease on the splines to block moisture.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

You really can not go wrong with a Dominator II axle, just remember to fill out the warranty card before installing the axle. (the serial number is written on the middle of the axle)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You want a tight fit. Heat up the sprocket in your oven or at least 15 minutes with a hair dryer/heat gun. Use gloves. Then hammer it on with a piece of pipe to fit over the axle. ABS pipe will do. Add a little amount of heavy grease on the splines to block moisture.
yeah it was a little chilly when i was doing the install and didnt heat it up. Glad i didnt cause i wouldnt have been happy without a new"ish" axle and i probably would have found myself replacing carrier bearings again in the near future.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You really can not go wrong with a Dominator II axle, just remember to fill out the warranty card before installing the axle. (the serial number is written on the middle of the axle)
Good to know thank you.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Any deals on the dominator ll for forum members?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
It's finally Friday. Drunk posts to follow...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
My broke ass has only ever had a g force axle and it's been through hell and back but it's still straight an an arrow.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
So I got the evil shock of vehicle depreciation today. Paid 18K for my car about two years ago. I owe about 15K. The trade in value is like 13K. What in the absolute hell???? 13K ain't including the 2K I've put into the car to make it Paul Walker certified. How in the hell is an older mustang with more miles with worse fuel economy and higher insurance rates worth more than my car?????

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
And with less damn features I might add

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
So I got the evil shock of vehicle depreciation today. Paid 18K for my car about two years ago. I owe about 15K. The trade in value is like 13K. What in the absolute hell???? 13K ain't including the 2K I've put into the car to make it Paul Walker certified. How in the hell is an older mustang with more miles with worse fuel economy and higher insurance rates worth more than my car?????

I'll bite, what type of car do you have and what's the Paul Walker certification? Stickers, Nos , lime green paint?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I'll bite, what type of car do you have and what's the Paul Walker certification? Stickers, Nos , lime green paint?
I has a 2014 Ford Focus ST. The Paul cert is all the bolt ons. And the unpainted RS spolier. Don't judge me. And blue lug nuts. And mud flaps. Y'all, I might be a ricer.

·
Super Moderator
7,801 Posts
Well, I received my wife's pro design filter today (Thanks KB Motorsports) and also received the end caps back that I sent out to Jogaca for him to PC the orange color for her force 4's. Shout out to KB and Jogaca!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,801 Posts
And with less damn features I might add

I feel your pain. I have an 02 Z28 that I looked at KBB. Same WTF reaction...

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I feel your pain. I have an 02 Z28 that I looked at KBB. Same WTF reaction...
That has the LS1 right?
I looked at one when I was a teenager, it was green and had t-tops and was just ragged out to tell. My dad wouldn't let me get it and I was so mad but I get it now. Of course I had a hard on for it though.

What all is done to your Camaro?

·
Super Moderator
7,801 Posts
Babied weekend driver. No hop ups yet. Corvette off set wheels, stereo upgrade, exhaust. Thought about true duals but man they would be loud and attract attention lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 1128 Posts