Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
4stroker, meet me in KC the tues. before the rally. We can scoop up Morph on the way.
Any objections? Great, see ya'll soon. Man, that was easy.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
4stroker, meet me in KC the tues. before the rally. We can scoop up Morph on the way.
Ah, screw it. Thats my birthday weekend anyway. Lets do this!

Decent chance i dont come back though..... lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
:ripped:

This is what i get for living on the east coast lol

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ah, screw it. Thats my birthday weekend anyway. Lets do this!

Decent chance i dont come back though..... lol

So what you're telling me is I should have you pay for the gas on the way TO the rally. I'm good with that

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
So what you're telling me is I should have you pay for the gas on the way TO the rally. I'm good with that
I'll do it, but you have to supply the off brand MOUNTAIN DEW

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
D U N
Done

How many pallets ya thinking ?
100 cases per pallet, so...🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I think if you just bring whats pictured i should be ok...

·
Registered
1,727 Posts

·
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If the show ends Saturday, do you expect the “shine n show” to still be on sat? Not that I’m working on a plan or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM sent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just wondering if any Canadians are heading down south for the raptor fest? I am seriously debating of delaying my earlier May trip to make it for the raptor fest instead. Would be cool if someone else is planning to head South as well.

·
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
There are always riders coming from north of the border, but not always on the Raptor Forum. You might ask the same question on Facebook. Find the page at North West Raptor Rally 2018 I'm sure you'll have a great time. If I can be any assistance, just ask. And, at the rally, I usually go early and stay after for extra days.

·
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The final vendors are signed up. 25 major vendors with donations of $200 or more, as well as other smaller donations. The shirt design features last years show-n-shine winner, "Agent Orange", and is almost ready for pre orders. I'll be posting info soon. Wrist bands/bracelets are done. Each paid camp site at Half Moon Bay and Triangle Road will include one. Additional bracelets will be available at the information table at Group site "D". Pre-sale may also be available using PayPal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There are always riders coming from north of the border, but not always on the Raptor Forum. You might ask the same question on Facebook. Find the page at North West Raptor Rally 2018 I'm sure you'll have a great time. If I can be any assistance, just ask. And, at the rally, I usually go early and stay after for extra days.

Ok here you go! few questions.

1. I don't know the area well, I usually go to either to the state park in Florence or surrounding area for full up or close to a an area where I can refill etc.

2. do you recommend any surrounding area with access to the dunes where I can unload/hook up the RV? that way I have full hook up.

3. I got a raptor, wife has a Honda 420 - ok?

4. do you have a GPS location info so I can google map it and see where the dry-camp sites are ?

that should be it! I am going to see if I can plan it out and book some time off now!

·
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Ok here you go! few questions.

1. I don't know the area well, I usually go to either to the state park in Florence or surrounding area for full up or close to a an area where I can refill etc.

2. do you recommend any surrounding area with access to the dunes where I can unload/hook up the RV? that way I have full hook up.

3. I got a raptor, wife has a Honda 420 - ok?

4. do you have a GPS location info so I can google map it and see where the dry-camp sites are ?

that should be it! I am going to see if I can plan it out and book some time off now!

1. Winchester Bay has water, dump and fuel at the port (fishing). They do charge $5 for a dump, and some for fresh water. In town has quad rentals, restaurants, full service cycle parts and shop, including a dyno. Also, fresh seafood and pizza. About 10 minutes is the town of Reedsport with water, dump, fuel as well as major groceries, auto parts, tires, and hardware. Restaurants, bakery, McDonalds, tattoo shop, cycle shop, pizza, RV parts and repair, church and other touristy stuff.

2. Other camping close to the dunes: Triangle Road is just that. A road on the back of the main campground and the rally group site thru short trails. No hook up but generators are allowed, reserve a site thru the rally FB or I can help.

Discovery Point camp ground has full hook ups, water, electric, sewer, fire pit, table, showers and cable TV that I couldn't get to work. About 1/4mi of sand road to the rally campground, or continue to the dunes.

Further away are Camp grounds "A" & "B". Full hook up, table, showers, fires rings and no cable TV. About 1/4mi of asphalt to sand, then 1/4mi to the rally.

3. Raptors aren't required to attend. Honda, Suzuki, Kaws, KTM, and even 2 wheels and SxS. The photo shoot features Raptors first, then all others line up. Enter the photo shoot thru the Yamaha flags and each gets a free ticket for the drawings at the Saturday dinner.

4. Sorry, no GPS location. You can Google each camp ground, Winchester Bay, Windy Cove, Salmon Harbor Drive, or Reedsport. Just be sure you are in Oregon, as there is a Winchester bay on the east coast and you may also get California.

The area is similar to Florence with tall and short hills. But I would say Florence has more drop-offs depending on the wind, but caution is needed at both areas. I can help with the lay of the land. It is right along the ocean and you can see it from most of the sand so it's hard to get lost. All the camp grounds are North.

All activities require signing a release and a wrist bracelet. One bracelet is included with rally camp reservations and additional are $10 for adults. You'll eat that much at the catered dinner. Free raffle tickets are available from different functions and the grand prize tickets are $1 each or $20 for 25. Grand prize is usually worth well over $1000. Raptor parts, riding gear, gift certificates, even race fuel has been given away. I recently won a extended swing arm ($600 value), 2pr of riding pants, two $50 gift certificates, and more. This year, Florence Yamaha will give a 20% off purchases, just show your wrist bracelet.

Whew, I don't usually type well, so I'm done for now. Anyone with questions, just ask.

·
Registered
50 Posts
thanks Dezperado for taking your time to respond!

1. time booked off from work - check
2. Wife just got her Oregon online safety card - check
3. Rappy and honda 420 valves set - check

only thing left to do is sit and wait until May!!!

·
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
thanks Dezperado for taking your time to respond!

1. time booked off from work - check
2. Wife just got her Oregon online safety card - check
3. Rappy and honda 420 valves set - check

only thing left to do is sit and wait until May!!!
Sounds good. Did you decide on a camp ground? You'll want to get a reservation set. How long will you go for?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds good. Did you decide on a camp ground? You'll want to get a reservation set. How long will you go for?
I think Discovery Point camp ground might be one I will go to. Sounds like I can ride off right off the camp site to the dunes.

cant wait!

·
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I think Discovery Point camp ground might be one I will go to. Sounds like I can ride off right off the camp site to the dunes.

cant wait!
I can't wait either, you'll have a great time. How long will you stay?

On a side note, I'm in Eugene since Friday for a wedding tonight. Will leave for Florence tomorrow morning for a few days at the dunes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't wait either, you'll have a great time. How long will you stay?

On a side note, I'm in Eugene since Friday for a wedding tonight. Will leave for Florence tomorrow morning for a few days at the dunes.
I usually stay 3 days, as it takes me 10 hours to get down there! its a decent road trip from up north :)

21 - 40 of 61 Posts