Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.

I purchased my raptor 700r summer 2018 no big problems and i would not expect any.
But, now i have a crank no start condition. I do not hear the fuel pump buzz sound when i turn the ignition on.
It has been sitting for some months with a trickle charger on it.
I went to start it 2 days ago it cranked and gave me a quick start and stall. Then it was just cranking.
After cranking sever times i turn the ignition off and back on and noticed the fuel pump noise/buzz. Then it started. i didn't think much of of it.

Now i went to stat it - crank no start again. No Buzz noise. crank crank crank..... push it to the corner put the trickle charger back on it.
Next day attempt to start it while the trickle charger was still on it same condition.
Started checking for possible wire damage from a mouse , who knows.. everything looks good.
Check fuse found ECU 10 amp blown. replace with spare it fuse box. crank it fuse blew again. I think it was due to the trickle charger being on it when i cracked it. ??
Replace fuse again remove charger - crank no start.
Take all the body panels off to inspect everything better. i can not see any thing wrong.
Try to start i hear the buzz noise and it starts... great put everything back together. Attempt to start it, same condition...
Take it apart again remove fuel pump inspect all is visually good. put that back.
Check for power to t he fuel pump , none when ignition is turned on.

I need a wiring diagram with locations ect so i can dio this properly.
Can anyone help?
Has anyone experienced this before?
Red with blue tracer is the power wire for the fuel pump.

Thanks to all who read this long post... I am frustrated, without a wiring diagram im kinda blind here.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
So i know this is a useless reply, but..... warranty?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,795 Posts
There wouldn’t be a warranty at this point, I think they only give you a 60 day if that. Let’s try simple stuff first, and I can also send you a manual, just pm me with a valid email. Have you tried a new spark plug to begin with? Once the fuel system is pressurized, you will not hear the fuel pump again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for replying Morphrider.
Thats a good idea, i will try a spark plug. The first time my 86 Honda 250R failed me it was a simple plug (that was 2 stroke though) Sold it way back wish i kept it.. lol.
I will send you my email. I am certain the fuel system is charging at all. The only sound is a relay located under the seat in that tray clicks then after 30 / 40 seconds clicks again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hope the dealer can fix your problem, Im in trouble with my bike too, so I know how bad it feels, very frustrated. Please let us know what happened with your bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update from dealer, they said the battery had to be replaced with a factory battery, they told me if the battery is below 11.7 volts the computer will not allow the fuel injection system to work.
I had a canadian tire battery in in..??
They also said you can not let it sit for an extended time. Because the battery will have low voltage therefor making starting very difficult.
Ok so its fixed??
No the ecu 10 am fuse is blowing... there is a short somewhere. They are trying to locate the problem.
This machine is defiantly a problem in the winter when it sits.

Yaml , it looks like we have the same machine..

·
Registered
1 Posts
There wouldn’t be a warranty at this point, I think they only give you a 60 day if that. Let’s try simple stuff first, and I can also send you a manual, just pm me with a valid email. Have you tried a new spark plug to begin with? Once the fuel system is pressurized, you will not hear the fuel pump again.
I just bought my raptor and it actually came with a 5 year warranty. I couldn't believe it so I asked them at least 10 times if it really had that warranty with it. It was even in the paperwork that I signed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you let your Raptor sit over winter, keep a battery tender connected to it. I purchased my 2017 Raptor in 2016, still on the OEM battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes found that the hard way.
The dealer called today with an update. They want to put a wiring harness in it, because they can not find anything wrong.
It is still blowing the ECU fuse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes found that the hard way.
The dealer called today with an update. They want to put a wiring harness in it, because they can not find anything wrong.
It is still blowing the ECU fuse.
Tell them to use a current limiter in the circuit (12v Bulb in the circuit so the you can trouble shoot with things actually powered on) and start pulling connectors(Until the bulb dims or goes out) to find at least what area is blowing the fuse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts