Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought and have gotten a fci intake for my 2018 yamaha raptor. I had no clue there is absolutely 0 videos out there going into details on how to install this.

The old intake had 3 breather hoses and a sensor. The new fci intake only has a spot for 1 hose next to the tb area. What am i supposed to do with the other two hoses? Can someone please give me a in depth tutorial on how to install this on a 2018 yamaha raptor 700. I am stuck at the beginning. Since this intake only came with 1 breather hose installation spot. I've spent the good day close to 6 hours looking for instructions and videos to no help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not what i need. It gives the basics, don't go into detail about what i need to do. He juat shows plug and play. It's clearly not plug and play. I have 3 hoses not 1 extra. I don't have 3 hose spots i have 1. His video shows 2 hose spots with a deletion. I do not have that deletion. So i need instructions that can explain things.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone please help me. I need help bad. I have 3 hoses. 1 hose spot on the fci intake. I have no clue what the problem is. Please help me.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I dont have a newer raptor and my old rappy doesnt have all those hoses. If you can tell us where the hoses go either by description or picture, we can probly tell you what to do with them. Or you could do it the easy way and just call fci customer service

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 38Fitters

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 is crankshaft vent, 1 is tb vent, 1 is the afi thing or w.e.

I take it i need to drill my own hole, get a gasket. And do a y connector? If so, which ones would i put on the y connector?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
The crank vent can just have a small air filter (found at any auto parts store) on it and zip tie it as far up and out of the way as possible. If you have an airbox, id put it in there. The one for the throttle body is the one you want to keep on the fci, and i dont know what an "afi thingy" is. Where does it lead to?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many people do a delete on it. But I'm not about that. It starts on the front part of the raptor engine the hose does

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Oh ok. I believe thats the "ais" your referring to. And yes, it should be deleted. Your trying to mod up a raptor for more power, emission stuff is not your friend

Reactions: Nixon cole

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I have no idea as i dont have a newer style raptor. Best bet is to delete it, i think the kit is only like $20

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
You cant wait a couple days for shipping the delete kit? I have no idea how it will run like that...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
You know, im starting to think maybe you dont have a fuel controller either. Do you? If not, i wouldnt install that fci until you get one

Reactions: Nixon cole

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
The ais can be eliminated by unplugging the wire connector at the solenoid and plugging the tube that goes to the head. That is what the Cuervo kit does in a cleaner look, you can throw the rest away.

The crank case vent can be routed anywhere and left alone, no filter needed. Mine are all routed to the swingarm pivot area on the drag bikes.
The throttle body vent needs filtered so run that to the intake.
You could also tee together both and run to the one hole.

can you send a picture of your fci tube? I haven’t ever seen one with only one hole. The 06-14 version had 2 and the 15+ had 3.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Even the new new fci tubes have 2 fittings. One on top and one on bottom. They got rid of the tiny little side one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine has just 1. Ita the little side one for the tb.

So the ais. The line that runs to the intake i can take off and cap that spot by the silnoid? Then. The line that goes to the head take off also?

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Mine has just 1. Ita the little side one for the tb.

So the ais. The line that runs to the intake i can take off and cap that spot by the silnoid? Then. The line that goes to the head take off also?
just cap right at the head, literally everything else gets deleted.
I think you’ve got a defective intake. There should be holes on top and bottom near the filter end.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts