Registered
1,725 Posts
Happy new year and new bs thread!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wheels up and rubber side down fellas!

Strength, love, patience, courage and calm from my little piece of the world to all yall.

Yall might get a kick out of this.....this is my God Daughter, 6 am X mas morning....after getting up at 445. (she got it the night before.)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Hoping everyones 2019 is better than 2018!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is a blast so far 😄

·
Registered
114 Posts

Strength, love, patience, courage and calm from my little piece of the world to all yall.

Yall might get a kick out of this.....this is my God Daughter, 6 am X mas morning....after getting up at 445. (she got it the night before.)
Is that thing gas powered? Size? brand?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Dang, just realized i havnt been on the forum all year!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is that thing gas powered? Size? brand?
Man, I was so hung up on gas vs electric, but I didn't want to gift a maintenance load that wasn't welcome so I went electric, that said, glad I did.

It's a Rosso electric quad, 3 speed settings with parental lock (requires physical key), disc brakes, little beadlocks, adjustable suspension, reverse, comes shipped in a steel cage, requires only 20 minutes to assemble and tune up and has a heavy enough battery that it can't be flipped too easy but doesn't weigh enough to hurt an unarmored kiddo.

1st speed setting is perfect for a rookie. Because of electric torque, it'll spin tires but only a brief second before it maxes at a little better than a quick walking pace.

This was the perfect between bike to get her to the raptor 90 Next year or the year after.....and we ended this night doing opposite donuts in my driveway, me on the 700, her in my headlights, smoke and dust everywhere. A fish to water doesn't even begin to describe it. If there's a young person in your life who might want to break off some freedom, while I can't speak for longevity/reliability, what I have experienced so far has been clutch.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Shit like this makes me want a kid again. So damn cool. Cherish this stuff man, you're gonna miss it when its gone.

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
Ain't that the truth....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Shit like this makes me want a kid again. So damn cool. Cherish this stuff man, you're gonna miss it when its gone.
Thanks bro.....I'm trying. I know you never know today how bad you'll want to slow time tomorrow but....yeah, I'm hearing ya.

I had it wrapped real obvious, with her helmet and goggles (that had been given to her on the 23rd so she could ride around with me) on the seat, parked next to mine in the shop......there was this moment she fully revealed the handlebars and she screamed "IT'S MY OWN MOTORCYCLE!!!!!"........man lets just say there was a lot of dust in the air. Dust seemed to coincide with every time she would yell my name, look at me, then look at her bike and repeat the acknowledgement. I'd had a feeling it would be more to her than just a big gift based on the kind of little person she is (fearless, outgoing, very exploratory with regard to all things (ideas, people, places)) but what I got.....man...lets just say I might never play a part in making someone this happy again in my life. I'll for damn sure keep trying, but this may have been the top of the mountain.

And that laughter just tearing around our driveway as she learned the degree to which she could control the new found power.......damn. Pure soul food.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
Well, thought I had a nice warm day to get HID's installed in my truck. Wife decided we were better off doing a walk through furniture store. Long story short, $1200 later and a living room rearranged, its time to kick back, drink beer, watch Supercross races. Lights can wait I realized real quick.

Happy wife, happy life.

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
But to be fair, I am in the works for a new paint job on my Camaro in a couple months. Have a new SS tail fin, and SS hood with scoop I bought from son since he is getting his set for big motor for the strip.
Have some new lights and interior for it. That's gonna be a little coin....

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Do any of yall use GroupMe?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Do any of yall use GroupMe?

Don't even know what it is......quick and dirty?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Don't even know what it is......quick and dirty?

Just a group chat app I haven’t really used it yet so I don’t know if it’s crappy mediocre or amazing

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
Never heard of that. This is my social media go to, and Thumpertalk...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Never heard of that. This is my social media go to, and Thumpertalk...
Man there is some insane bikestuff on IG but I don't know if it's even worth tuning in. I remember a few years back when if you had 3-600 whp on the street there was this moment where you went from being respected, to these little shit heads looking at your engine and quipping "there's a 1k horsepower civic on youtube that'd trash you." Now it's even worse.

The fact that we don't have to hole up in the basement, at the rich buddies house whose parents could afford a basement, and watch bootleg VHS tapes of the legends sending it on bikes or dirtbikes or skateboards or even *gasp* go out and do shit if we wanted to get stoked has changed us quite a bit. Kinda like the first bmx back flip, it was a paradigm shift. Everyone knew, not just bmx geeks, knew what the backflip meant.....but it also desensitized people to super flowy tech riders.

I try to limit my exposure to it, because I just eat it up. I am that kid that hung out at the bike store, or motorcycle shop and watched the VHS tapes till they flipped, and sometimes, depending on how bad I was already gonna get beat when I got home, watched'em again because fuck it right?

Point being, there's some really cool creators on IG but, it's an abyss. A bottomless chasm into which all nuance and subtlety is eventually lost.

You can lose your perspective if you don't nail a board to your ass on the way in.

1 - 20 of 341 Posts