·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
8,021 Posts
Random rant...

Where I store my toyhauler, some guy has a couple of quads stored on an open trailer. From the road it looks like a Honda 400ex and some Yamaha. I have not meandered over to look close, but it bugs the heck out of me. For the past 3 years that I have had my trailer there, they have had them on an open trailer the whole time, maybe just once I have seen them move. But man, c'mon...I don't care what kind of machine you have but for the love of god, at least put a tarp over them from the elements. Rain, hail, sleet, snow....they sit there neglected. Fawk me.....

Maybe I can get a good deal....

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Random rant...

Where I store my toyhauler, some guy has a couple of quads stored on an open trailer. From the road it looks like a Honda 400ex and some Yamaha. I have not meandered over to look close, but it bugs the heck out of me. For the past 3 years that I have had my trailer there, they have had them on an open trailer the whole time, maybe just once I have seen them move. But man, c'mon...I don't care what kind of machine you have but for the love of god, at least put a tarp over them from the elements. Rain, hail, sleet, snow....they sit there neglected. Fawk me.....

Maybe I can get a good deal....
My thoughts exactly as well :lol:

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Bored.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,054 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Come on over, I have plenty you can do!
You're too late. Madam boss has instructed me to brown this.

·
Super Moderator
8,021 Posts
What does anyone use to eliminate scuff marks or what can I put down instead? Never dull works great on my WR frame but it is polished to begin with. Raptor frame Really holds tight...

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
11,054 Posts
What does anyone use to eliminate scuff marks or what can I put down instead? Never dull works great on my WR frame but it is polished to begin with. Raptor frame Really holds tight...

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Wipe down with some brake clean. You can get spray paint from ColorRite that is a exact match. Or Dupli-Color has a Chrysler silver that is the same color, but not the texture. Then cover with some Cuervo decals.

·
Super Moderator
8,021 Posts
Good idea, or I can try this too once clean.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect/picassoRedirect.html/ref=pa_sp_mtf_aps_sr_pg1_1?ie=UTF8&adId=A01323481GLVMN4BNNP1L&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FVViViD-Black-Carbon-Release-Technology%2Fdp%2FB00FXYG39U%2Fref%3Dsr_1_11_sspa%3Fie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1547517408%26sr%3D8-11-spons%26keywords%3Dvinyl%2Bwrap%2Bkit%26psc%3D1&qualifier=1547517408&id=5088887229864300&widgetName=sp_mtf[/ame]

·
11,054 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,021 Posts
Found some 3M 1080 vinyl wrap that gets better reviews that I put on my Amazon list to get and try. Better reviews and I can get in a very good deep red to match my theme.

·
Super Moderator
8,021 Posts
I have 3 different red samples of the 3M coming. Going to choose best from them and go from there.

Kids...this is what happens in the winter when you can't ride, you get crap and more crap, lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,021 Posts
Got a sample coming also of some Anthracite Carbon Fiber from 3M, its more of a gray vs the dark black typical carbon fiber.Not sure which route will be more beneficial. If I put the reds on and the scuff marks still rub on those, then I will start going to the carbon fiber darker colors to hide the scuffs, starting with that Gray, then going to the Black if need be.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Kids...this is what happens in the winter when you can't ride, you get crap and more crap, lol.
so true. I have learned to simply stay away from the websites / forums altogether when needed. Like, for the past few months I've been broke thanks to the blitzkrieg of birthdays/holidays that I get towards the end of the year. I simply do not have the self control on sites like this. It's why I RARELY go to my preferred AV forum. a few hours of browsing and I've got thousands spent in my head and end up pulling the trigger eventually. It's why I have WAY too much home theater for a tiny living room. I mean, it sounds great, but holy overkill.

I've been on this forum today for about an hour researching things and reading random stuff. I have a cart full on various websites again. CURSE YOU IMPULSE CONTROL!

I also go into my garage (not heated and I live in midwest (cold)) and just start my atv's and listen to them run for a while. I really need some land lol

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So the other day my brother took my raptor for a spin. Without asking me first of course. To make a long story short he managed to tip it to the left side and wrecked the mirror and bent the clutch leaver. Mirror is not a problem I bought that one recently so I know exactly where I can get a new one but for lever I have a question. Is that the same leaver as on the bikes or do quads have different version?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
So the other day my brother took my raptor for a spin. Without asking me first of course. To make a long story short he managed to tip it to the left side and wrecked the mirror and bent the clutch leaver. Mirror is not a problem I bought that one recently so I know exactly where I can get a new one but for lever I have a question. Is that the same leaver as on the bikes or do quads have different version?
what kind of lever do you have installed OEM or aftermarket?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I broke my clutch lever years ago and bought a asv and love it

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

·
Super Moderator
8,021 Posts
I second the motion for ASV.

21 - 40 of 364 Posts