Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2019 raptor 700 R SE. Monster single shorty full exhaust, pcv 5 with timing.
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had this quad for a few months and it did it a couple times but now that it’s tuned and has an exhaust and air intake it’s worse.
Basically it runs kinda crappy but after about an hour of riding it cuts out so bad it becomes unridable. Soon as it cools down though it starts up fine again. It’ll idle but not hardly rev.
well I figured fuel pump so I replaced that but it didnt fix it. It wasn’t an oem pump but it worked on my last raptor. Which had the same issue.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
So I’ve had this quad for a few months and it did it a couple times but now that it’s tuned and has an exhaust and air intake it’s worse.
Basically it runs kinda crappy but after about an hour of riding it cuts out so bad it becomes unridable. Soon as it cools down though it starts up fine again. It’ll idle but not hardly rev.
well I figured fuel pump so I replaced that but it didnt fix it. It wasn’t an oem pump but it worked on my last raptor. Which had the same issue.
What kind of fuel controller is on it?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New plug. Ngk cr9e
Battery tested out to 13.2 volts.
battery was dead so it wouldn’t crank over but it’s charged now and when it runs it’ll barelyrun at all but seems to prime good.
got a brand new battery on the charger but any ideas?
I’m gonna try remapping it and see if it helps somehow.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could it have something to do with this sensor? I’ve made sure multiple times it’s not ducking dirt in there but I’ve heard the sensor is kinda finicky.
Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used the map that Paul sent me from monster quads. It ran ok for a while but began to run like shit so I put a different map one for like a sparks exhaust off dynojets website and it ran great. That was the day I replaced the fuel pump. Since then it’s just ran worse and worse and now it runs like shit even when cooled down

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm sure the Yami manual has a section in it for testing the coil. You'll want to test it when it isn't running right. Coil came to mind because they usually start having problems when warm and then get progressively worse the more they are used. Morphrider can hook up up with a download if you don't have the manual.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It has a cr8e. I tried both that and a cr9e. It’s not the spark plug.
I'm sure the Yami manual has a section in it for testing the coil. You'll want to test it when it isn't running right. Coil came to mind because they usually start having problems when warm and then get progressively worse the more they are used. Morphrider can hook up up with a download if you don't have the manual.
Thank you I’m gonna test it tomorrow hopefully it’s that.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone know of any good aftermarket brands for parts or should I just stick with oem? I always wonder cause if it happens to be the coil I’m just wondering how unreliable are aftermarket cause they’re 1/3 the price and ship faster

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone know of any good aftermarket brands for parts or should I just stick with oem? I always wonder cause if it happens to be the coil I’m just wondering how unreliable are aftermarket cause they’re 1/3 the price and ship faster
have you tested the coil, basically every electrical part can be tested there’s no need to replace parts unless they test bad. You definitely don’t need to change from the stock plug either.
What PSI should the fuel pump push? Test it.
you can ohm out the coil, Test it or test output range on secondary side of coil while cranking.
You said it started getting bad, tuned it and got better now progressively worse. I had a similar situation and it was a wire that was rubbing/pinching.
take the PCV out and move wires around a bit and before moving them back in place, try n start it.
if it’s something that’s cutting ignition then it can only be a very small set of things causing this, if it’s cutting fuel again same thing. Use deductive reasoning don’t buy a coil or a pump unless they are bad and if they test bad remove from the bike and bench test it, if you have a bad line on the bike it can simulate a bad part.

Reactions: Nathannewbie

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So it has four long flashes and then six fast ones? Anyone know what that means? Haven’t messed with it till today I finally got some time

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.