Raptor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So I’m gonna hop on it with a multi meter this weekend but if you guys have an ideas besides that let me know.
I’ve checked all connections to the ecu, starter, solenoid, ignition coil, rectifier, all my power commander connections I could see. And so far couldn’t find anything. battery is perfect.

any tips on how to use multimeter cause I haven’t used it before

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok so what the hell. I finally got time to pull it apart today and I checked literally every connection. I cleaned my spark plug cause it was kinda dirty. Battery checked out good. Wouldn’t start but I just kept trying and finally it started and was running bad but smoothed out and now if I go out there it starts and runs fine and won’t show a code. So wtf? Isn’t there still something wrong? Could a fouled spark plug make it not run?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Maybe one of the connections you took apart was not working right until you took it apart. Did you test the voltage at the battery? If it's fine all you can do is ride it and see if the problem comes back.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ok so battery checked out good. Like 13.8 volts or something. I mean it’s brand new so I hope so.

Wel it was running PERFECT. Then Istarted it idled it for about five minutes got halfway out the driveway and it started surging then died.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So I tested the battery while running and it was 13.73.
Is that fine or not? Just trying to eliminate things. So my spark plug keeps fouling and spark doesn’t seem super strong with two different plugs… so stator?? I’m not sure how to test this shit cause it’s so confusing in the manual.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ok so it ran perfect till I rode it, which is exactly what I figured would happen. So the battery isn’t charging rigjt. I tested the stator resistance which is supposed to be between 0.248-0.372
And it was jumping all over the place and then sometimes it would show no resistance. Is it supposed to show steady resistance? Or does this mean it’s broke. I’d like to figure this out myself and I’ve watched like 800 YouTube videos by now.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ok so I tested my rectifier and it looks fine compared to the video I watched.
but I was going off the manual testing the stator and still no resistance reading, anything else I should check before assuming it’s the stator??

·
Registered
733 Posts
The power has to flow through the windings and if you have no flow you will have no go :) Time to change it out.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ok so no resistance on two different meters and when I tested ac voltage it was -0.08 sooo it was drawing instead of outputting. New stator assembly on the way $300+ so ouch. What else do I need besides new oil? Do I need an oem gasket too?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
So I’m gonna check my valves at the same time and I’m wondering if I really have to take off my front plastics and tank? Also do I check both valves at TDC? And do I really need a flywheel puller to get the stator off?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts