Raptor Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Alright so odd question, I charged my battery and it reading like 14.60 volts and so I took it for a ride and it ran great idled slightly high but nothing nice. Then I plugged the stator back in ( was unplugged for testing) and it started revving weird and died. Which is what it had done the past bunch of times. Just showing that my stator is broken still?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Got the stator but now I had to order a gasket cause I forgot. Any other things I should know by changing my stator? I’m literally going into this cold turkey and don’t wanna screw anything up.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Its pretty basic. Dont forget locktite (blue) on the bolts that hold it to the cover. I think your supposed to use a spot of Yamabond on both sides of the wire harness rubber too. You got a service manual?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yes I do but the service manual is kinda confusing to me.
What’s Yamabond? Can I use some other thing for it?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Soooo I installed the stator and…. Same thing. My multimeter reads -.08 on EVERY terminal in the stator plug while running. It shows no resistance either. Idles super good but whenever I try riding it it runs super shitty then slowly dies. Its at like 12.38 volts abs then when it’s idling it’ll keep climbing up to like 13 volts which makes me think it’s charging rigjt, but just not enough to support riding it at the same time??? Which im like what would make it only charge a little?
Im literally so tired of it if anyone has any ideas pls throw them at me

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Now I feel like the biggest stupidest dumbest mf. I was measuring on amps for my stator. It’s putting out 30 AC VOLTS at idle and goes up to 60 volts if you rev it. But I unplugged my rectifier and from the black to red wire it was putting out 11 volts. Which I’m not sure is rigjt.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
The rectifier could be failing as it gets hot, which doesn't take long.
A coil 99.9% of the time works or it doesn't.
The battery and stator are new and check good.
Rectifier/regulators are common failure points on motorcycle/atv engines.
I don't like to throw parts at things, but to me, all this points to the rectifier.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yeah at this point I boiled it down to, my ignition coil tests out, so does my stator, brand new battery, and rectifiers are known for going out sooo… ordered one yesterday, guess I’ll see when it comes in.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Ok so new rectifier. After riding for a bit it’s reading 13.95 volts at idle. Runs great except in the 7-9 k rpm range. Any ideas? At that point seems more mechanical.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts