Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked through a bunch of threads but couldn’t really find any answers,
Now my question isn’t what is gonna give more power, but what SOUNDS better on the 15+ raptors? I kinda want duals solely on the looks part but if a single sound better or worse it’s definitely gonna have to go from there…

thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700r se monster quad exhuast monster intake spacer pro tec air lid and monster programer
57 Posts
Looked through a bunch of threads but couldn’t really find any answers,
Now my question isn’t what is gonna give more power, but what SOUNDS better on the 15+ raptors? I kinda want duals solely on the looks part but if a single sound better or worse it’s definitely gonna have to go from there…

thanks!
The singel exhuast will make more power and will be louder the lodest and most powerful I think is a monster shorty. (I have this exhuast it is loud and helps power) duals aren't as loud becuse the sound has to go through 2 silencers and not one.

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700r se monster quad exhuast monster intake spacer pro tec air lid and monster programer
57 Posts
why shortys? What’s the benefit
The shorty has less silencer length making it louder and in my opinion sound the best and I believe they make more power not positive though I know curvo raceing has a youtube video comparing the 2

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thing is I understand duals making less sound but even though there is only on exhaust port on the newer raptors, I don’t see why I single would make more power than duals, I see why duals wouldn’t make more but not that other way.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Dasa wont disappoint you :) it is loud

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
It is all about proper air/fuel ratio first, then how well the engine can flow.
Back pressure makes a difference.
If the intake is big enough.
Do you want peak hp, a stronger mid-range.
Unfortunately many exhausts are built on looks alone, and loud is just assumed to be making more power.
Did you get 2 more hp on the dyno?
Maybe.
Can you really feel that 2 hp?
At peak rpm? Nah
In the midrange? Maybe.
Which one sounds the best? Lol, I don't know, they're your ears, you tell us.
Beware videos for sound too, as you will never get the exact sound from them, you'll need to hear it in person.
Any aftermarket muffler will be louder than stock...some will be MUCH LOUDER!!!
I was yelling so you could hear me, lol.
You need the exhaust that YOU like the looks of the best.
On a single cylinder especially, the larger the pipe diameter, and the shorter the muffler(s) the deeper the tone and the louder it will be.
Dual exhaust is not nesacerily quieter than a single exhaust for the same reason.

·
Registered
590 Posts
You must of been yelling because you were trying to talk over my HMF before I put the quiet core in it :) Never got the wanting to be loud thing, I have always run after market exhausts for the performance upgrade but have never been a fan of making it louder. Heck I wear earplugs even with the stock exhaust. But I guess some people just need attention ;)

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Step 1.....Swap head.
Step 2.....Duals.

But that's just me. lol

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unfortunately many exhausts are built on looks alone, and loud is just assumed to be making more power.
Maybe.
At peak rpm? Nah
In the midrange? Maybe.
Beware videos for sound too, as you will never get the exact sound from them, you'll need to hear it in person.
On a single cylinder especially, the larger the pipe diameter, and the shorter the muffler(s) the deeper the tone and the louder it will be.
Dual exhaust is not nesacerily quieter than a single exhaust for the same reason.
Well, I’ve had monster duals, on an 08, so it was true duals.
Just curious what the pros and cons were for the newer raptors with the single port

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You must of been yelling because you were trying to talk over my HMF before I put the quiet core in it :) Never got the wanting to be loud thing, I have always run after market exhausts for the performance upgrade but have never been a fan of making it louder. Heck I wear earplugs even with the stock exhaust. But I guess some people just need attention ;)
I’m sixteen so does it really surprise you?:D

therws just something in my soul The sound fuffils…

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe.
At peak rpm? Nah
In the midrange? Maybe.
I kinda want more top range power, which is why I’m thinking monster really bad, also they sound amazing.
I’m gonna get a 13 tooth sprocket for the front so that plus the fact that raptors have some balls should keep me on the low end.

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
I’ve seen several broken clutch covers because of how the barker duals mount. If you want duals on a single port, the empire industries work the best. On a stock engine build you won’t see the difference between them and the monster single. On a built engine, the empire tends to make a little more mid range where monster pushes more power at high rpm.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ve seen several broken clutch covers because of how the barker duals mount. If you want duals on a single port, the empire industries work the best. On a stock engine build you won’t see the difference between them and the monster single. On a built engine, the empire tends to make a little more mid range where monster pushes more power at high rpm.
The empires look nice, but I really like all my power up high. I don’t beat the hell out of my stuff, but I want the most power up high.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts