Raptor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Anybody know if the monster intake is any good, it’s that or fci, so if it isn’t as good as the fci then scratch it

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Unless you go through any deep water. That was my only reason for getting FCI w/box. Once in a while we have deep water crossings in the spring run off time we need to go through. I didn’t want to chance it.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
Is it really that much different? What about riding in rain?
we live in desert so I will not be riding through like say stream.
Difference between fci and the larger adapters like monster and pro design is noticeable.
The air box does hurt horsepower. Saw a 734 that was only making 75hp, took air box off made 79hp.
I ride mine in rain, cross streams, sometimes over a foot deep and have never had an issue.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Difference between fci and the larger adapters like monster and pro design is noticeable.
The air box does hurt horsepower. Saw a 734 that was only making 75hp, took air box off made 79hp.
I ride mine in rain, cross streams, sometimes over a foot deep and have never had an issue.
You ride with or without airbox? It's not really clear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put Barkers duels on my 19 and loved them so much I put them on my wife’s 2020. No issues with rubbing or breaking clutch covers. I/we love the sound and looks of the duels. May not make as much power but it’s what we liked. Run what makes you happy 👍

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
I put Barkers duels on my 19 and loved them so much I put them on my wife’s 2020. No issues with rubbing or breaking clutch covers. I/we love the sound and looks of the duels. May not make as much power but it’s what we liked. Run what makes you happy 👍
Do they still mount to the clutch cover? Or has that been changed?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Got my trail tech,
Resized it’s a lot more work than I thought to instal, for anyone who has one, where’d you splice your power into? Needs to be something with a fuse so I was thinking the lights or the ignition or something?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Got my trail tech,
Resized it’s a lot more work than I thought to instal, for anyone who has one, where’d you splice your power into? Needs to be something with a fuse so I was thinking the lights or the ignition or something?
Just pick up an inline fuse from any auto parts store and run it to the battery. I used a glass 1 amp fuse holder for mine

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks.
Anyone have experience with the pc5 with ignition?
like does it come set already? Abs should I even mess with it?

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
You needed those for the tach signal?
You don't Need them, rather that it makes things easy.
There just happen to be 3 styles in that box, any of the 3 work(they all do the same, just different layouts).
Slide one on to the positive side of the coil, then you can reconnect the coil wire And the Vapor tach signal wire.
You will need a female crimp-on end for the Vapor tach signal wire too.
They just make it all plug and play.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
This picture does Not have the Vapor tach signal wire connected, but shows where to put it.
Slide one of the connectors pictured above on to the bottom connection at the coil.
Plug coil on to one and the tach signal(with female crimp-on end) to the other, as Both wires go to the singal bottom connector on the coil.

Automotive design Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Carbon

21 - 40 of 60 Posts