Raptor Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
@sixpack
So drill in the black plastic and then put the bolt through or what?? Does the little magnet hold itself in the rotor or what? Just installing it tonight and trying to finish soon

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
If anybody could provide any info it would be very much appreciated,
Also, as I was drilling into the plastic I accidentally hit the seal behind it, not sure where to find one. Not sure exactly what it is so can’t find it on a diagram

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
The seal you hit is the inner hub bearing seal.
It's to keep dirt out. If it's really damaged, replace it, if you just chewed the outside of the seal up, it's not a big deal.

As for the speedometer pick up, I think on mine I just replaced one of the wheel studs with one that came with the Vapor.
I will look when I get a chance.
It's been almost a year, and I don't remember right off, sorry.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
K thank you. I put the magnetic sensor bolt In the caliper but not sure where to mount the actual sensor.
and yes I hit the seal to where it is leaking grease.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
What seal is leaking grease??
There should only be a small amount of grease on the spindle, and the wheel bearings are sealed(with only a small amount of lube inside them).
Did you tear a tie-rod end or ball-joint boot?
Those are filled with grease.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Just testing it,
I put it on the bottom wire of the cdi and now it shows idle correctly and stuff but when I make it hit rpm limit it doesn’t show. And like it doesn’t go over 4000 rpm even though I know I am. Any idea?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar Rim

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Just testing it,
I put it on the bottom wire of the cdi and now it shows idle correctly and stuff but when I make it hit rpm limit it doesn’t show. And like it doesn’t go over 4000 rpm even though I know I am. Any idea? View attachment 141888
Does that wire have an inline resistor(looks like a buldge in the wire near the white plug)?
Call Trail-Tech, their customer service is excellent.

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
Did you actually ride it much? Was it up to normal operation temp while riding?
Part of the 15+ emission crap is that the ecu will lean out the mixture when temperature is below 180*.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Did you actually ride it much? Was it up to normal operation temp while riding?
Part of the 15+ emission crap is that the ecu will lean out the mixture when temperature is below 180*.
Got it up to about 215 the other day. Usually gets to around 190-210 when I’m riding around. Depends if I’m going fast or slower.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
How does the sound compare from a single to a dual?
In my experience,
Same exhaust, just duals and single,
The duals are way quieter at idle, pretty deep, and hit hard. But the duals you can hear both and it sounds super nice, but overall they’re quieter. They do look nicer IMO.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts