Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another year another thread. Best of everything to everyone :)
Leave old problems behind and find new ones to bother with :p Also don't try to drown problems in alcohol, they know how to swim :)

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
Well said Supra!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Another year another thread. Best of everything to everyone :)
Leave old problems behind and find new ones to bother with :p Also don't try to drown problems in alcohol, they know how to swim :)
Just drink more. Even the best swimmers will drown in an ocean...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Starting to like the new format! Just takes some getting used to is all. Still dont have it all figured out, but i think i got enough that you guys wont be rid of me yet ?

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
Went down to local Discount Tire to price up new shoes on my new to me rig. Little over $900 later baby has new shoes. Picked up the Pathfinder AT’s that are made by Hankook, I have ran 2 sets of the Dynapros and love them, figured I would give these a try. Went couple sizes larger to the 285’s, they fit the wheel well so much better. There will be upcoming pics in the “post your rig” thread. The Goodyear Duratracs that the truck came with were pretty bare compared to these and also loud on the road. This diesel is so quiet now, especially compared to my older Silverado.

·
Registered
442 Posts
What kind of diesel you get Morph?

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
2009 Ram 2500 with the 6.7. Gobs of torque compared to my Silverado I had. Looking forward to towing the toy hauler up the mountains with this. The 6.0 Gasser did decent in the flats but was super slow up the steeper grades.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nice. You’re going to love that. Last year I upgraded from a gasser to a diesel and it’s just a dream to tow now.
Those Pathfinders look nice on it too. I might check those out when my Toyos wear out.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,821 Posts
2009 Ram 2500 with the 6.7. Gobs of torque compared to my Silverado I had. Looking forward to towing the toy hauler up the mountains with this. The 6.0 Gasser did decent in the flats but was super slow up the steeper grades.

Hey Morph, I can understand shoveling snow from the sidewalk and driveway, but not the street where you park the truck! LOL.

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
Nice. You’re going to love that. Last year I upgraded from a gasser to a diesel and it’s just a dream to tow now.
Those Pathfinders look nice on it too. I might check those out when my Toyos wear out.
That is a pic of when i first got it, back in November. I will post another pic later of those tires on it today.

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
Here are better newer pics

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
I turned my phone sideways, maybe I should have left it vertical. First pic is not clear, at least not on my iPad.

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
The in-laws came over last night showing off their new rig. They traded in one of the newer mustangs to get this 2020 GMC Denali 1500. Talk about a cadillac in a truck version. That thing has more bells and whistles than a high school band. Buttons to drop the tail gate, which folds in various ways. The only thing I liked about the tailgate was the ease to sit on it and drink barley pop. Buttons to shift the tube bars on the outside to look in back of truck, sensors showing up on the window as you drive (mph, some other things). It just has too much going on for my taste, I like simple. Think the rims were 22's so tires will be a premium when purchasing, if they ever need to. While on a test drive around the block I did find the window sticker for it. It reached the $70,000 tag so that is a HUGE nope for me. I wouldn't tow anything with that even though it is set up for it. If I was them I would clear out the garage to keep that investment covered from the elements, but then again I wouldnt own something that spendy.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Has anyone ever done anything more boring that take a class online?

Id rather be...

I will go first. Id rather be removing hornets nests with a tennis racket

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
In person classes to me are more boring, at least with being on line you can take a break. Either way, the shoe fits.

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
Last weekend I had the chance to actually tow something with my new to me diesel. My son was moving from the mountains to Colorado Springs so I was able to bring my trailer and load my truck bed. Engine braking in tow/haul mode was amazing, had to give it gas to go down the hills at times. Any uphill travels was no issue at all, overall it was awesome. Would love to tow something heavier, lol. C’mon camping season!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know the feeling when you have a new toy and can't put it to real use ... You'll get your chance :)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Checking in

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
Attaboy Sanders!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Speaking of checking .. Anyone heard from raptor nation? He's been pretty active and then just nothing.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts