Raptor Forum banner

201 - 220 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Welp, this is what I walked into this morning. Got just about all the power tools on the truck
That made my stomach sick.

I'm in the trade as well man. Not in the field no more though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Half way asleep pulling in this morning didn’t even realize it was mine. Spent the better part of the day spending money instead of making it 😒

·
Registered
708 Posts
Half way asleep pulling in this morning didn’t even realize it was mine. Spent the better part of the day spending money instead of making it 😒
Damn man sorry to see that. Your company doesn’t buy your tools?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Insurance covered my tools when my van was broke into.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Damn man sorry to see that. Your company doesn’t buy your tools?
I own all my tools, i provide my livelihood

some of my greenhorns have had the company supply them but it’s going to be limited and not the quality that we come to expect in the trades. I’ve always believed if you own it you’ll respect it/take care of it more. Majority of them are specialty tools and I’m the only one to carry half of it lol.

Milwaukee made a lot of money today lol...not funny

·
Registered
708 Posts
That’s very true. My company buys all my tools, it’s part of our collective agreement, and nobody respects them. All the other trades steal them too because they know we don’t have to pay for it. On the other hand - I have tons of tools I didn’t have to buy, nice Milwaukee stuff too.

I did a retail complex at SF State in October last year with a company that just started getting into new construction. They gave me a set of refer gauges that I swear must have been from the 90s. The LP side gauge didn’t work and the hoses leaked. Like what am I gonna do with that?? And on top of it it’s against our contract to bring our own tools. Took 2 months to get a new set of yellowjackets from them.
Ups and downs for sure lol.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yo who knows where I can get a DR D reverse for the 700? Seems like everyone is sold out. Dubach hasn’t gotten back to me for a while either.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yeah shoot everyone is out. I ordered one on eBay that just says “reverse lever” and no advertisement or anything else. No description either. Just the model number 4504, which looks like it might be the Raptor one. We’ll see if it even ships. Hopefully the seller has a stockpile of them instead of a drop ship method.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Yeah shoot everyone is out. I ordered one on eBay that just says “reverse lever” and no advertisement or anything else. No description either. Just the model number 4504, which looks like it might be the Raptor one. We’ll see if it even ships. Hopefully the seller has a stockpile of them instead of a drop ship method.
Don't know if they're in stock

·
Registered
708 Posts

Damn, I should have known Ken would have it. Just ordered a Houser stem, Renthal bars and the Mako clamp from his last week. Maybe I’ll give him a call this morn. Thanks

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts

Don't call yet. Just get a hot start lever to replace the lower clamp on the front brake master cylinder. Then add a cable to reach. $10 for the clamp, $15-$10 for the cable.
Oh wait, I have a new hot start lever available.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Don't call yet. Just get a hot start lever to replace the lower clamp on the front brake master cylinder. Then add a cable to reach. $10 for the clamp, $15-$10 for the cable.
Oh wait, I have a new hot start lever available.
Word. Unfortunately I already purchased one, I’ll PM you if it doesn’t go through. Not sure the seller has any in stock or not.
Do you have the plate for the key relocate by chance?

·
11,045 Posts
Word. Unfortunately I already purchased one, I’ll PM you if it doesn’t go through. Not sure the seller has any in stock or not.
Do you have the plate for the key relocate by chance?
The key relocates to the hole left from the reverse knob being removed. Or do you want to mount it at the center of the bar mounts. Art there 4 holes, squared, about 1in apart to mount? Yep, I have one of them.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I was talking about a plate that holds the ignition barrel into the reverse hole. Does it just mount right in?
I read some people use the plastic plug that comes in the DR D kit and cut a hole in that, then glue into the reverse hole in the fender, then slip the ignition into that.
I also read about a plate of sorts that will hold the ignition into the reverse hole.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was talking about a plate that holds the ignition barrel into the reverse hole. Does it just mount right in?
I read some people use the plastic plug that comes in the DR D kit and cut a hole in that, then glue into the reverse hole in the fender, then slip the ignition into that.
I also read about a plate of sorts that will hold the ignition into the reverse hole.
I did mine with the plug, drilled out and keyed to match ignition barrel but didn’t glue it so I can remove when I need to, when it’s in it doesn’t move so really no need to glue it and the headlight bracket is butted up on the backside basically supporting it.

I’ll try to get some pictures when I get home

·
11,045 Posts
The DrD kit has everything to do it. As said, drill a hole in the plastic plug, file a locating notch for the switch, some hot glue under to hold the plastic plug.
Or, what I did, get a stainless steel, electrical box plug with the expanding fingers. As above, drill and file to fit the key switch, lock the tabs in the back of plastic to hold. I think this needed a 1/16 spacer washer to tighten all the threads of the key switch.

201 - 220 of 235 Posts