Raptor Forum banner

221 - 240 of 244 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,052 Posts
Word. Unfortunately I already purchased one, I’ll PM you if it doesn’t go through. Not sure the seller has any in stock or not.
Do you have the plate for the key relocate by chance?
If you never used a DrD before, you'll wonder why you waited so long...

·
Registered
538 Posts
I used an ASV hot start lever on the clutch side, with a Dr.D cable on my 660 for reverse(had to do custom switches as hot start lever would contact the stock housing when pushed in).
I didn't like my thumb sandwiched between the right side mount Dr.D lever and thumb throttle.
Seemed like a good way to break my thumb in a crash(just me)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Interesting. I have the dr d on one of my bikes but it came that way. Looks like some sort of metal plate that hold the key in place though in the fender.
I just got some serious goodies for my 2009 Raptor, pics to follow up next week.... just need to figure out what to do with the key till I can get a Dr D kit.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Interesting. I have the dr d on one of my bikes but it came that way. Looks like some sort of metal plate that hold the key in place though in the fender.
I just got some serious goodies for my 2009 Raptor, pics to follow up next week.... just need to figure out what to do with the key till I can get a Dr D kit.
I bought that plate on eBay for my 660. Probably the same thing?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
711 Posts
I bought that plate on eBay for my 660. Probably the same thing?

Yes I would assume it’s the same thing. I just can’t find the plate. Can you send me a link? Idk what it’s even called.
Got my eBay order canceled though. Nobody has the Dr D kit. Soooo Dez if I can find the plate I will pm you about that lever.

·
11,052 Posts
Yes I would assume it’s the same thing. I just can’t find the plate. Can you send me a link? Idk what it’s even called.
Got my eBay order canceled though. Nobody has the Dr D kit. Soooo Dez if I can find the plate I will pm you about that lever.
So, the plate mounts the switch to the fender?? I'm not seeing it if someone has a picture of it would help.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I've searched and can't find anything either. My eBay history only goes back three years. I can't remember if that plate came with the kit to be honest. It's been several years.

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
It’s just a metal plate that the barrel slips into. I could do it with a plastic plug, but the metal plate looks pretty good. Unfortunately my plate is unbranded so I can’t see who made it.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I found this old picture. I think it's notched for the key barrel but I can't remember.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Right on. It looks like it was a plate made by jokers vault racing back in the day. According to some old threads. I’m sure I’ll just have to find some plugs for the mean time and do some custom fabbing.
I may see if I can find some threaded tube of the appropriate size and weld some plate to it so I can make my own.

·
11,052 Posts
Or, what I did, get a stainless steel, electrical box plug with the expanding fingers. As above, drill and file to fit the key switch, lock the tabs in the back of plastic to hold. I think this needed a 1/16 spacer washer to tighten all the threads of the key switch.
Basickly the plate is what I described ^^.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Loaded up and headed to Stonyford, boys. Well, right after a quick In n Out stop.
Will get some good pics of my new set up this weekend and update my build thread. For now, these are a few of the parts I got, not including the bars and plastics. Made the new style work with my 2009 display pretty well too.
See yall laterrrrr

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Loaded up and headed to Stonyford, boys. Well, right after a quick In n Out stop.
Will get some good pics of my new set up this weekend and update my build thread. For now, these are a few of the parts I got, not including the bars and plastics. Made the new style work with my 2009 display pretty well too.
See yall laterrrrr

Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Happy Memorial Day boys

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Well the evap canister has failed on my truck. Again.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wouldn't that through a code?

Depending on vehicle do it the same way you would any other disconnect the system and bypass sensors. I just did this with a 09 ninja Im working on, we are essentially do it with the ais system on the newer raptors

what truck do you drive

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Depending on vehicle do it the same way you would any other disconnect the system and bypass sensors. I just did this with a 09 ninja Im working on, we are essentially do it with the ais system on the newer raptors

what truck do you drive
It's a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS.

221 - 240 of 244 Posts