Raptor Forum banner

261 - 280 of 313 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Them wing windows sure did kill it when you didn’t have AC, that’s for sure. You could flip it and direct the air right at you, lol.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Ah come on man. How come?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
A: i dont smoke so i never used them

B: easy to break in and steal anything inside, at least on some models. My brothers 67' c10 had them and with all the local tweakers he couldnt keep a head unit in the truck

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: jsanders347

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
A: i dont smoke so i never used them

B: easy to break in and steal anything inside, at least on some models. My brothers 67' c10 had them and with all the local tweakers he couldnt keep a head unit in the truck

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I actually didn't think about either of those. I just liked the airflow.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
The ants have infiltrated my garage as if the Devil himself sent them. I've moved everything away from the exterior and went through two cans of raid. The swear words I've managed to string together would make my dad ashamed.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,250 Posts
The ants have infiltrated my garage as if the Devil himself sent them. I've moved everything away from the exterior and went through two cans of raid. The swear words I've managed to string together would make my dad ashamed.

Do you have a fireplace or burn barrel? Take "dry" ash and spread it around the perimeter. The ants won't cross it, as it dries them out and they die.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
No sir I don't. But I reckon the ashes from my pellet smoker and grill would serve the same purpose.

Does it need to be inside the garage outside?

·
11,250 Posts
No sir I don't. But I reckon the ashes from my pellet smoker and grill would serve the same purpose.

Does it need to be inside the garage outside?

Where ever you don't want them to cross, if you're expecting rain, do it inside. The drier the better. Turn on the heat. No heat, LMK, I know a guy that does HVAC. Can you see where they're coming from. that would be a good start. You can use your shop and suck them up if there are a lot. There must be some kind of food they are looking for.

Reactions: 38Fitters

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Where ever you don't want them to cross, if you're expecting rain, do it inside. The drier the better. Turn on the heat. No heat, LMK, I know a guy that does HVAC. Can you see where they're coming from. that would be a good start. You can use your shop and suck them up if there are a lot. There must be some kind of food they are looking for.
I reckon they're after the grass from my mower? It's currently roughly 10,000 degrees in Kentucky. It's actually 90ish and 80 percent humidity.

It's little black ants. They had eggs everywhere Dez. Under empty oil containers. Under empty buckets. In every corner. Where my mower touches the wall. The area between the doors.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
I’ve had good luck buying the gallon size poison with built in sprayer to deal with those inside. Spray all thresholds and the foundation. I also use the water in granules in the area surrounding foundation. Went from constant ant problems to not seeing any inside in over 3 years.

·
11,250 Posts
I reckon they're after the grass from my mower? It's currently roughly 10,000 degrees in Kentucky. It's actually 90ish and 80 percent humidity.

It's little black ants. They had eggs everywhere Dez. Under empty oil containers. Under empty buckets. In every corner. Where my mower touches the wall. The area between the doors.

I’ve had good luck buying the gallon size poison with built in sprayer to deal with those inside. Spray all thresholds and the foundation. I also use the water in granules in the area surrounding foundation. Went from constant ant problems to not seeing any inside in over 3 years.
10,000 degrees, wow, That's why Tweb and I live in the Northwest. Yeah, we get some rain, but the temp is temperate. I just don't get to see all the skimpy bathing suits as much.

Reactions: 38Fitters

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ah man, those southern women... We have a nice selection out here in Cali, but damn I watch those mud bogging videos on YouTube and those girls are hot!
You know it’s funny you mention the shop vac, just yesterday I had that out sucking up a big ol ant farm in my backyard. I don’t like to spray poison during our growing season or that would be my first defense.

You know what had worked really well indoors for me though, Borax mixed with powdered sugar. Put it on a paper plate near the ants and they take it all back to their colony. Takes about a week, but no dead ants in the house.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Well boys, after almost 4 long months I’m finally heading back to the city to do some work. Needed a guy so bad he called me to start Friday. Not gonna turn that down, will be nice to have some stability.
Hows everyone else doin?

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
That’s good news Fitters! I deal in Healthcare construction, it has not slowed down for me at all. I had my PTO maxed out so I took this week off to do stuff around the house. I have been painting my long neglected back patio/deck all week. I can only be out there until noon, it’s on the West side and just gets too hot after that, plus the beer takes over. I thought I would be done by now, but the wife wanted the under side painted, so that has taken majority of the time this week. Almost have all pickets on top scraped off, will get that done this evening, then start painting those tomorrow. Next weekend I will replace the top hand rail, that’s too far gone to bother painting. I will post before/after pics when complete.

Next time I take a week off, I need to actually plan something away from home, lol.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Paid time off? Can’t argue that! Too bad you got stuck painting, but it had to happen sometime I suppose. And who wants to pay someone to do that? My buddy’s dad told me a funny saying about painting once. He said he’d rather have a daughter as a w**** than a son as a painter. Ha!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Doing better than I deserve I'd say. Could definitely use some time off though. I'm not sure I could handle four months though man. I'd be taking the screws out of the deck to clean them and put them back in.

I think I have a taker for this turd finally. One step closer to a GT500!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Got a nice surprise coming tomorrow...I think sixpack577 will appreciate it. Pics to come

·
11,250 Posts
Got a nice surprise coming tomorrow...I think sixpack577 will appreciate it. Pics to come
I hope she's at least 21. Can't wait for pictures.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ohhh damnnn here it is!

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Quite the bike there! Congrats!!

Eliminated one from the stable today. My 2001 YZ250F was put on marketplace for $1700, sold within 2 hours for $1500 plus $100 delivery fee (That went to the wife as the guy asked if we would deliver for a fee and she was quick to add that cost for a 40 minute drive). He came over as he was in the area looking for a bike with a good motor for his cart races he has entry fees in already and he toasted his motor earlier in the week. Last time I started it was in September after an oil change, fired up again within 5 kicks. I bought that 12 years ago, was glad to get what I did out of it, but sucked knowing it was all going to be tore apart, lol. Whatever, now to see what parts I want for my truck....

261 - 280 of 313 Posts