Raptor Forum banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Oh ya, I am totally surprised how quick stuff sells on FB marketplace. That would have took forever on Craigslist. I don’t even have FB, so glad the wife did for stuff like this.

Still struggling to actually put my Camaro up, but it still sits in the back...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Thanks brother, it’s a 1290 super duke R, brand new. Dealer actually gave me a halfway fair price on my trade in, about 1000 less than I could have got for it private party. I tried CL, and like you were saying there’s lots of slow pokes and it takes forever. One guy actually emailed me and said he had cash in hand and wanted to come over, so I asked him to call. He then texted and said he had cash so I asked him to call. He told me to call him 🙄. Then when I did he told me he didn’t actually have cash and couldn’t come see it till maybe next week. What?? Why even offer then??
If I had FB I would def post there. My buddies have killer luck on marketplace selling stuff.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Cool bike, congrats man.
First impression?
How does it handle, does it flick easily side to side like a 1kcc bike?
I assume it has alot of low to midrange torque?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Oh ya, I am totally surprised how quick stuff sells on FB marketplace. That would have took forever on Craigslist. I don’t even have FB, so glad the wife did for stuff like this.

Still struggling to actually put my Camaro up, but it still sits in the back...
Thanks brother, it’s a 1290 super duke R, brand new. Dealer actually gave me a halfway fair price on my trade in, about 1000 less than I could have got for it private party. I tried CL, and like you were saying there’s lots of slow pokes and it takes forever. One guy actually emailed me and said he had cash in hand and wanted to come over, so I asked him to call. He then texted and said he had cash so I asked him to call. He told me to call him . Then when I did he told me he didn’t actually have cash and couldn’t come see it till maybe next week. What?? Why even offer then??
If I had FB I would def post there. My buddies have killer luck on marketplace selling stuff.
Marketplace is an amazing way to sell stuff QUICK. I actually finally got facebook last year just for the marketplace. At first... lol. Turns out its a great way to connect with women too! And some of those humor groups are hilarious. Its also cool if you have distant relatives you dont get to see much. Just dont get sucked in to all the BS!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
902 Posts
Cool bike, congrats man.
First impression?
How does it handle, does it flick easily side to side like a 1kcc bike?
I assume it has alot of low to midrange torque?
Thanks bro. My first impression in all truthfulness - like first ride, I own it so I’m going easy on it and it’s not a demo ride - would be that it handles really well at city speeds. Very rideable, although throttle has different maps you can choose. Very comfy and fits my 6’ height and 33 inseam very well. They say not to go over 6.5k rpm for the first 600miles, so I wasn’t and I got sort of worried that maybe this bike didn’t have enough power for me...so I turned off traction control, anti-wheelie and all that stuff and headed to the nearest freeway on ramp...she lifted the front tire in third gear about doing 90. So I’m feeling good lol.
Massive torque is fun and I can feel it tearing my tire up already. It’s super lean below 3500rpm so 6th gear is unusable unless youre going over 80. Handles very nimble if you throw it a bit. Not as twitchy as my fz09. Fully adjustable suspension w/high and low speed compression is great. And huge gas tank. Really, really happy with this bike.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks bro. My first impression in all truthfulness - like first ride, I own it so I’m going easy on it and it’s not a demo ride - would be that it handles really well at city speeds. Very rideable, although throttle has different maps you can choose. Very comfy and fits my 6’ height and 33 inseam very well. They say not to go over 6.5k rpm for the first 600miles, so I wasn’t and I got sort of worried that maybe this bike didn’t have enough power for me...so I turned off traction control, anti-wheelie and all that stuff and headed to the nearest freeway on ramp...she lifted the front tire in third gear about doing 90. So I’m feeling good lol.
Massive torque is fun and I can feel it tearing my tire up already. It’s super lean below 3500rpm so 6th gear is unusable unless youre going over 80. Handles very nimble if you throw it a bit. Not as twitchy as my fz09. Fully adjustable suspension w/high and low speed compression is great. And huge gas tank. Really, really happy with this bike.
I looked at them, and love v-twin sport bikes, I'm just not sure I could have one as my only ride.
I'm interested to hear about it as you get more miles on it.
Right now I'm stuck between between selling or trading my DRZ for a 700 Raptor, or 4wd with power steering(for my wife and daughter), and buying the other.
Or sell or trade the DRZ and get a new '19 or '20 BMW s1000r.
Even though I have my friend's '18 gsxr1k to ride, I miss something comfortable, and more upright like my B-king, only smaller, and the s1000r checks all the boxes.
Still, I like the SuperDukes and am looking forward to hearing how yours is.
5ee46f467454940e8b35027a.jpg

·
Registered
902 Posts
I looked at them, and love v-twin sport bikes, I'm just not sure I could have one as my only ride.
I'm interested to hear about it as you get more miles on it.
Right now I'm stuck between between selling or trading my DRZ for a 700 Raptor, or 4wd with power steering(for my wife and daughter), and buying the other.
Or sell or trade the DRZ and get a new '19 or '20 BMW s1000r.
Even though I have my friend's '18 gsxr1k to ride, I miss something comfortable, and more upright like my B-king, only smaller, and the s1000r checks all the boxes.
Still, I like the SuperDukes and am looking forward to hearing how yours is. View attachment 139119
Those beemers are cool, I wouldn’t mind one, but I heard the brakes fade at high speed. Have you seen the mt-10? That seems to get a lot of praise. I would have gone with it over the SDR but it looked to similar to the rest of the line up and I needed a fresh face in the garage.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
750 Posts
Those beemers are cool, I wouldn’t mind one, but I heard the brakes fade at high speed. Have you seen the mt-10? That seems to get a lot of praise. I would have gone with it over the SDR but it looked to similar to the rest of the line up and I needed a fresh face in the garage.
I like the MT10's too, and considered one, but the s1000r seems to really outperform it everywhere, and walks away at 100mph+
I don't think you can go wrong with that KTM though, It's a pretty unique bike.
I considered test riding a used one at the BMW dealer...but I was afraid I'de like it, lol.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ha! I really like the look of the beemer though. Man. I used to love driving BMW cars, but sold them all eventually. I have never ridden one of their bikes, but I can only imagine it’s just as refined.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
My back deck is almost done with painting. I still need to remove and replace the top rail but it's nice to know I am almost done. Also added an led strip under the deck, makes huge difference.

Getting old working on this every weekend though. July has been super busy around here, have not even done a camping trip or ride since fathers day.
0711200557_HDR.jpg
0724201026_HDR.jpg
0723202114.jpg
0723202116.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,250 Posts
My summer has been working on my toy hauler. I found my axles were hitting the frame. I got different springs and after partial install I found they were the wrong ones. Lucky the place was local, took them back for the correct ones, and of course they were more expensive. The guy worked out a good deal, $20 cash under the table.

In the mean time, my monitor panel wasn't working, so I pulled the belly panel. I found no insulation I thought was around the water tanks, though the monitor probes were good. But I found the water fittings were two inches from the bottom of the tanks, and two inches from the top. That means the bottom two inches wouldn't pump, and the top two inches wouldn't fill. So, with two, 50 gallon tanks, I had maybe 70 gallons of use. I pulled both tanks and added fittings to the tops and bottoms, then reinstalled with additional water lines to tie all fittings together.

Added Styrofoam to all sides of the tanks and foam wrap to all the pipes. Cutting the Styrofoam put little, white beads of foam up and down the the driveway, as well over to the neighbors. I tried blowing them out to the street and my blower burned up. I guess I'll blow them with the pressure washer when I'm done.

I even put heat pads to the bottom of both tanks. Will get them wired to 12 volts as well as 120 volts.

Also adjusted the brakes while it was in the air. The belly is almost done, and I decided to move the spare tire from the rear to the front for better weight transfer, as well as room for the electric jacks I have for install.

I'm trying to have things ready under the trailer for when I need them, but the ups and downs and my knees are taking it's toll on this old body.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
My back deck is almost done with painting. I still need to remove and replace the top rail but it's nice to know I am almost done. Also added an led strip under the deck, makes huge difference.

Getting old working on this every weekend though. July has been super busy around here, have not even done a camping trip or ride since fathers day. View attachment 139128 View attachment 139129 View attachment 139130 View attachment 139131

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Where did that led strip come from? I'm going to have to bite your style...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Reactions: 38Fitters

·
Registered
902 Posts
That’s sick! Heck of a price too. Added to the cart already. Will find good use for them soon, maybe under my gutters so I don’t have to leave my Xmas lights up year round for some nice ambience LOL

Reactions: morphrider

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
I have a set I bought for my RV that has been on there for 5 years now. If you plan on putting them outside I would look at using better double sided tape unless they have gotten better since then. I grabbed some 3M and put it on my RV and have had zero issues. The ones I installed on my patio I installed small hooks in the wood and just run it through them with zip ties.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hey morph, how is it you’ve been a member for the past 8 years and still haven’t uploaded an avatar?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Getting back on my feet took a spill end of June. 6 ribs, “shattered” kidney, lacerated liver, plate & 11 screws in arm. Bike only got some scratches bent bumper and axle 😁 fun ride with some unexpected vacation time haha

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Hey morph, how is it you’ve been a member for the past 8 years and still haven’t uploaded an avatar?
I used to have one, but for some reason there was too many pixels or something and it interfered with the way things were seen. Let me see if I cant find something, I have one on other forums with no issue.

Nixon - That doesn't sound like a fun "vaca", lol. You are above dirt, so that's good.

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Thanks for pushing me to put something up, lol

·
Registered
750 Posts
Getting back on my feet took a spill end of June. 6 ribs, “shattered” kidney, lacerated liver, plate & 11 screws in arm. Bike only got some scratches bent bumper and axle 😁 fun ride with some unexpected vacation time haha
That really sucks, I hope you heal fast and well man.
Bent axle...I know that was a good tumble...

281 - 300 of 313 Posts