Raptor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Spent yesterday afternoon and majority of today installing a new water heater, drywall work and plumbing to it in my house. Wife called freaking out yesterday saying it sprung a leak. Was finally able to replace the drywall behind it. This one lasted 18 years, pretty crazy. At least now if it goes out it will be MUCH simpler to replace. Last guy hard piped everything in, to boot the new tank was 2” taller with 1 1/2” threads on top. Had to get creative with everything to make it work, but a quick swap next time if it ever happens if I still live here at the time.

Hows everyone with COVID-19 in your neck of the woods? All the TP off the shelves? Lol
Lol. I live in the midwest. Nobody cares unless you go to the city. And those folks dont realize we have supplies in low places

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,800 Posts
Time to show her where the shut off valve is and turn off the power.

I'm 30 miles South of Seattle where the people are dying. Stores are sold out of water, toilet paper and hand sanitizer. My wife is all freaked out, I'm cautious, but not letting me down.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Damn Dez. It’s just older folks dying though right? You gotta be careful.
I’m in SF right now and it’s business as usual. Watched two druggies stab a guy a bunch of times while eating lunch yesterday. Saw a car wreck too. This city doesn’t really stop. At home though up north my Costco is out of cleaning supplies and TP lol. Good thing there’s Amazon Prime.

·
10,800 Posts
Damn Dez. It’s just older folks dying though right.
Yeah, older folks, at 73 I'm not old. Oh, wait, what's that i say? "I might be getting older but I refuse to grow up"
We have shootings and stabbings all the time. You have to be packing to protect yourself.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My great, great aunt is in a phys. rehab clinic on lockdown right now. At 93 she’s OLD. Still driving too. Somehow.

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
All you need to know is when she is driving to not be driving yourself huh?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
My great, great aunt is in a phys. rehab clinic on lockdown right now. At 93 she’s OLD. Still driving too. Somehow.
All you need to know is when she is driving to not be driving yourself huh?
My grandmother had her car taken away at 85. She was going the wrong way on a divided highway and argued with the highway patrolman about it. She knew she was going the "right way" as far as direction is concerned. But forgot that the highway had been converted to a divided 4 lane since the 60s

·
Registered
417 Posts
Oh good lord 4stroker! My grandma did the same thing before we took her license. Crazy.

I remember one convo I had really put my aunties age/life in perspective for me. I was driving to Tahoe for the weekend when she called me. I answered and she said, “Hey...hi...where are you?”
“Hi Auntie, how are you? I’m headed to Tahoe. I’m almost there.”

Long pause
Clearly forgets why she called

“Wow these phones are amazing.”

I didn’t understand at first. It took me a second to realize how she must have felt. I mean, this was a woman who was born in the 20s!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Spent yesterday afternoon and majority of today installing a new water heater, drywall work and plumbing to it in my house. Wife called freaking out yesterday saying it sprung a leak. Was finally able to replace the drywall behind it. This one lasted 18 years, pretty crazy. At least now if it goes out it will be MUCH simpler to replace. Last guy hard piped everything in, to boot the new tank was 2” taller with 1 1/2” threads on top. Had to get creative with everything to make it work, but a quick swap next time if it ever happens if I still live here at the time.

Hows everyone with COVID-19 in your neck of the woods? All the TP off the shelves? Lol
Lol. I live in the midwest. Nobody cares unless you go to the city. And those folks dont realize we have supplies in low places

I was wrong. The panic has begun here too. Stores are out of ground beef, chicken, bread, eggs, pasta noodles and running low on canned goods. Just craziness. Everyone panic buying is going to cause prices to go up and never come back down. 2008 is here again

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
If you know how to do stocks, now might be the time. The only thing I know is buy low, sell high.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
It really is insane. People are so stupid.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
What happened to my profile pic? Damn, people are hoarding everything!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
This purchase honestly had nothing to do with the world falling apart. I just want somewhere to keep toilet paper.

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
Nice looking, fire rated as well?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Well my company has made my hourly employees go to a 32 hour work week. All the competitive companies have closed their showrooms and are either taking parts/equipment out to the parking lot or are delivering. We're also closing a hour earlier. We're typically slow this time of year but this glorified flu is terrible for business. I'll be surprised if we find ourselves on the other side of this with our jobs and houses.

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
I can’t like that post. What is your trade exactly? We are now in a state wide stay at home until 4/11 here in Colorado. Fortunately my trade is exempt for now. I am a GC in the commercial construction Industry, specifically in the health care division for me. Fortunately, or unfortunately pending on how you look at it, the facility here in Denver I have been at for over 11 years, same GC for 16 and our company has been entwined for over 25 years with them. In commercial construction that’s pretty crazy but you really get entwined in a large hospital with ongoing multiple projects. We are helping them at this point plan for the big wave of patients to be expected along with our normal routine.

I am curious if there is going to be a moratorium coming up to help those that can’t make their payments, there needs to be one in place. It’s not the fault of the people of the masses that they cant work at the moment. Even with talks of this stimulus check coming up, whatever it may be, it won’t be enough for those that need the help.

Seeing the stuff coming into the hospital and what we will be doing first hand to help prepare this facility to ensure they are ready will be a task. I can’t stress enough about what’s already out there.

PSA 101 - Wash your frigging hands, keep your distance from people and if you get a stay at home order stay out of the frigging parks people. Don’t be a carrier of this crap.

·
Registered
417 Posts
...On a lighter note I got some dope new shirts in today.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I'm in the HVAC field. I am the branch manager for a company that sells parts/equipment for furnaces, air conditioners and refrigeration. I had to lay off a 63 year old man today. His wife cried and it fuckin sucked.

My company is forecasting this to last until at least August.

·
10,800 Posts
I'm in the HVAC field. I am the branch manager for a company that sells parts/equipment for furnaces, air conditioners and refrigeration. I had to lay off a 63 year old man today. His wife cried and it fuckin sucked.

My company is forecasting this to last until at least August.

Encourage him to apply for unemployment and food stamps that he paid in to all his life.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts