Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. my nephew came at me with his new raptor and is looking into installing an exhaust pipe ( not sure what brand ). I'm not familiar with these fuel injected bikes. Would I have to adjust the mix screw? or go with bigger jets? I'm sure it all depends on what brand the exhaust would be. Once a gain I'm not familiar with this bike. First time working on this bike so that's why I wanted to check in with you guys first

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hello everyone. my nephew came at me with his new raptor and is looking into installing an exhaust pipe ( not sure what brand ). I'm not familiar with these fuel injected bikes. Would I have to adjust the mix screw? or go with bigger jets? I'm sure it all depends on what brand the exhaust would be. Once a gain I'm not familiar with this bike. First time working on this bike so that's why I wanted to check in with you guys first
Welcome to the forum

Being fuel injected it has a throttle body with a fuel injector instead of a carb with jets. The injector is told how much fuel to spray by the ecu. This means to adjust that fuel rate, you need a fuel controller. That can be done with a cheaper, doebeck style push button controller, or a fancier more capable computer controlled version like a power commander.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
4stroker4life: ok I see. so power commander ( or doebeck style push button controller ). I would need to buy this computer controller to adjust fuel rate.
Here are a couple links to examples. The 2nd one needs a laptop computer to make adjustments.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: morphrider
1 - 7 of 7 Posts