Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I am brand new to this forum and just bought my brand new Raptor 700 SE a few days ago. This is actually the first vehicle of any type I have bought brand new from a dealer and will probably be the only one lol. 15K out the door... They love those fees lol.

Anyways, I just did my first oil change after about 5 hours of staying below half throttle and my oil filter was covered in this gunk that looked like some kind of grease. Overall the oil was dark yellow and did have some shavings in it but that is to be expected. I have googled my heart out and cant find anyone mentioning this happening to them so I thought I would ask here. Any ideas what this could be? Should I take it into the dealer? It is a decent drive so I am trying to avoid taking it in lol. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,081 Posts
That is some disgusting stuff. I would run it for a couple more hours, then maybe tip the bike on its side, remove the oil filter and take a look at it.

·
Registered
2020 Raptor SE, Monster Exhaust, PCV, FC Intake, Factory43 Nerfs and Bumper
102 Posts
I have a 2020 and after the first oil change I haven’t seen the gunk since. I broke it in the way the manual suggested, despite what everyone else says. Ever since 15 hour mark I have been riding it like I’m running from the cops.
I have about 45 hours on it now and it is just awesome. Took me a while to get used to the longer gear ratio compared to banshee/450 style quad because that’s what I was used to. But it’s a beast. Just ordered a monster exhaust with fci intake with box and PCV with timing. Liking forward to it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.