Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700r
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I feel like this has been addressed in a roundabout way but I can’t find any new threads with a definitive answer. I have a stock 2020 700r and I only plan to do the big 3. Current plan is PCV (already ordered), Fuel customs intake and big gun EVO R duals. Looking for max power without breaking the bank. I’m more interested in low to mid range power. I like the sound of the EVO R duals and especially prefer the look over the EXO but I am concerned I’ll be selling myself short on power. I don’t want it crazy loud. Looking for a nice deep rumble. Anyone have experience to compare the two? Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
8,746 Posts
With the 2020 it will not be a true dual system as you only have one port on the head. But.. I have had the EVO R dual system on my 2006 for a while and for the down low power, they performed well and they sounded awesome. There will not be much difference between the two I think, so get what you think looks better and be happy with them. I know I was pleased with the fitment and low end grunt. Try a 13 tooth front sprocket as well.

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700r
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the 2020 it will not be a true dual system as you only have one port on the head. But.. I have had the EVO R dual system on my 2006 for a while and for the down low power, they performed well and they sounded awesome. There will not be much difference between the two I think, so get what you think looks better and be happy with them. I know I was pleased with the fitment and low end grunt. Try a 13 tooth front sprocket as well.
yeah I’m disappointed Yamaha did that with the 15+ but it is what it is. But ok thank you. Ive been kicking around getting a front sprocket. I’m just not sure what to get. Wish I could ride someone’s to see the difference.

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700r
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Putting a dual exhaust on on 15+ is like having dual exhast on a 4 cylinder, just silly :)
Yeah you are probably right but here is my thought process on that. Same amount of air split into two should in theory give a lower tone while also keeping it a little quieter. Single exhaust will restrict more regardless of the header which will cause more back pressure and also make it louder. Yeah the header comes out into one but it opens up into a dual within about 8-10 inches. From that point on it flows easier. I agree with you to an extent but you can’t deny that there is a purpose and some benefit even if it is minute. All comes down to rider preference because yes we’re splitting hairs here. My main concern is just between the two BG duals.

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700r
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Putting a dual exhaust on on 15+ is like having dual exhast on a 4 cylinder, just silly :)

If you are interested take a minute to watch that video. He actually proves that duals on the 15+ give a 4hp gain across the board. I know this argument has been going on for years so kinda cool this guy puts it to rest. Pretty sure he sold me on Empire duals as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts