Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I have been looking around on this forum for the answer to my question but I have been struggling to find the information I'm looking for.
I am new to the PC5 and mapping. I would like a map for a stock set up on a 2020 Raptor 700r se with the air box lid off. I see on dynojet.com that there is a stock map but not a stock map with the air box lid removed. Would map 22-074-002 work?

Another question I have is how do you determine the bike is running lean or Rich by using the PC5 information? I know that you can check the spark plug and tell by performance but I would like to know how to read the information on the PC5. Trying to figure it out!

Thanks any information would be great!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Check out Mr.Cuervo Racing.
He has youtube videos, sells on ebay, and apperently a facebook site(I have no social media).
Every machine is different, but he says you can run no airbox lid on the stock map and not be too lean, and gain 3hp, 3 trq average.
He also sells pcv maps for $25.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out Mr.Cuervo Racing.
He has youtube videos, sells on ebay, and apperently a facebook site(I have no social media).
Every machine is different, but he says you can run no airbox lid on the stock map and not be too lean, and gain 3hp, 3 trq average.
He also sells pcv maps for $25.
Hey thanks for the reply. I actually have seen the video that you are referring to and he lives within a hundred miles of me! I am just trying not to spend any money on a map if I don't have to!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply. I actually have seen the video that you are referring to and he lives within a hundred miles of me! I am just trying not to spend any money on a map if I don't have to!
I get that, but for $25, it's your best bet.
If I lived that close, I'de have him dyno tune it.
Even a stock machine will run better after a good dyno tune, and better than Any base map.
It's not about peak hp numbers, or only gaining 2 either, it's that you get a smoother and more responsive power curve.
Everything is factory lean for emissions now days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get that, but for $25, it's your best bet.
If I lived that close, I'de have him dyno tune it.
Even a stock machine will run better after a good dyno tune, and better than Any base map.
It's not about peak hp numbers, or only gaining 2 either, it's that you get a smoother and more responsive power curve.
Everything is factory lean for emissions now days.
Good point. I was wondering if it would be worth getting it Dyno Tuned stock since I ordered the PC5. I think I will contact him and inquire some more information. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Good point. I was wondering if it would be worth getting it Dyno Tuned stock since I ordered the PC5. I think I will contact him and inquire some more information. Thanks again
You have to have the pcv to dyno tune it.
There is no software available to flash the ecu and tune through it alone, you need a piggyback/ the pcv.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts