Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Going to start the continuing of the trail build that was started by Sixpack577 here on the forum.
And mods/process will be posted here from now on.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trip in to WV to trail ride was great.
Minor Issues while riding:
-two bolts for the rear grab bar back out causing the grab bar to sag. Which bent one of the brackets on the exhaust side. (Fixed and locktite applied to bolts. New bolts installed on the brackets for the rear flares)
-parking brake spring came off (lost it. New one is on the way. Not sure how that happened)
-parking brake engaged itself while riding, which made it become loose. (Made an adjustment to fix it but going to try to figure out something better for the lever position)
-battery died over night after installing BOSS LED light whip (disconnected it for now)
-vibration/struggle issue with new tires (working on it)
-grips slipping/twisting on the handlebars (possibly changing them out)

i’ll share more pictures when I can…as I continue on

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The parking brake spring doesn't have much tension on it, and it is a very fine adjustment between it not working, or the brake dragging.
But I never had an issue with the lever position, and many others have mounted the park brake handle where I did.
When in WV i noticed it didn’t have any tension at all (it was dangling), and it unfortunate came off :\
I didn’t really think much of it, was too focused on riding.
But i plan to leave it in the same position (I like it there) but find a better way to mount it without drilling into the frame

· Registered
4,025 Posts
When in WV i noticed it didn’t have any tension at all (it was dangling), and it unfortunate came off :\
I didn’t really think much of it, was too focused on riding.
But i plan to leave it in the same position (I like it there) but find a better way to mount it without drilling into the frame
There won't be any tension on the pb lever regardless of it's mounted position when it's not engaged, it will just swing loosely.
It's mounted with the clamp too because I didn't want to drill the frame either.
Any of the round tube mounts for the pb relocating bracket are long discontinued, but look like this.
Maybe you can find one, or have one fabricated.

Wood Font Rectangle Jewellery Gadget
Wood Font Electronic device Soil Gadget

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There won't be any tension on the pb lever regardless of it's mounted position when it's not engaged, it will just swing loosely.
It's mounted with the clamp too because I didn't want to drill the frame either.
Any of the round tube mounts for the pb relocating bracket are long discontinued, but look like this.
Maybe you can find one, or have one fabricated.

View attachment 143930 View attachment 143931
I’m gonna try to fab something up. I have an idea

· Registered
31 Posts
Going to start the continuing of the trail build that was started by Sixpack577 here on the forum.
And mods/process will be posted here from now on.
View attachment 143926
Glad to see your keeping a thread on it. Sixpack577 was putting together one of favorite builds on here.

· Administrator
9,525 Posts
I edited your original first post, adding the original thread. Now you can have entire history from brand new to where you have picked up. Hope you don’t mind..

· Registered
2,645 Posts
This is awesome. Complete history from showroom floor, to now its 2nd owner. I bet not many people have a machine like that

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yamaha Raptor 700R SE (parking brake fixed)
Parking brake is fixed.
New return spring. Adjust the spring bracket, it was straight up and down. All the pictures I have seen had it mounted horizontal. Now their is slight tension so the lever is not just dangling and it works again.
Still working on a different way to mount the lever

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been moving everything in the garage from my old 32” box (chest/cabinet combo) and a tool cart I used when I use to work in the automotive industry. I now have almost everything inside the new 52” Husky box (chest/cabinet combo).
And I found two bar mount brackets for mounting lights that I had left over from an old project.
Was going to try using those for the parking brake lever…unfortunately they are too big and hit the fuel tank. Just a thought when I found them, still working on something to better mount the lever 😅

1 - 20 of 20 Posts