Raptor Forum banner

201 - 220 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Too many times of heard of people getting screwed for me to take it there.
Also, I can do most of the work myself. And they are PRICY.
Honestly the best thing id say is just find some guy who knows his shit.
Got a buddy and he is pretty great. Id have no problem having him rebuild my motor and stuff.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I begged the dealer to leave my 2020 in the crate. They wouldn't go for it. 100% my wrenches will be the only ones stripping out my bolts. Lol

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #203 (Edited)
Stainless steel front brake lines, Race Driven brand, 1 into 2.
I used 2 different styles of A-arm clamps.
The pair of clamps on the throttle side both have 2 holes in each of them, one for the brake line, and one for the speedometer wire to the Vapor, they are AZatvparts.
The pair of clamps on the clutch lever side both only have one hole each just for the brake line, they are American Star brand.
I've always used 2 clamps per side with ss lines too, as it makes them more rigid, while still being able to move with the suspension, and not rub anywhere in the steering.
I still need to fill the lines and bleed them.

20210123_215724.jpg
20210123_215756.jpg
20210123_215622.jpg
20210123_215903.jpg

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Put on my Yamaha logo stickers.
I put some rtv adhesive on their sticky pad too.
The big one on the cam cover is aluminum and 55mm diameter.
The small one on the filter cover is thick plastic.
20210123_222319.jpg
20210123_222135.jpg
20210123_222119.jpg

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
I ordered Maire rear fenders in black.
I can't look at the funk green anymore.
I'll eventually buy the front fenders in black as well. They cost even more than the rear, I can't spend that much right now.
Screenshot_20210124-001930_eBay.jpg

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
I ordered another seat.
I'm going to recover it with a breatheable cover for warm weather riding.
I already have the material.
Air flows throught it, and your ass never gets hot.
I had them on my last 2 sportbikes and it works great.
More to come on that soon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Put on my Yamaha logo stickers.
I put some rtv adhesive on their sticky pad too.
The big one on the cam cover is aluminum and 55mm diameter.
The small one on the filter cover is thick plastic.
View attachment 140323 View attachment 140324 View attachment 140325
What would you think of swapping to a clear see-through cam cover? Besides useless and unnecessary lel
Btw how much was that rear fender?? Geeze you have money to blow considering those are $200 wherever I seek! Just because you got bored of the green LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
What would you think of swapping to a clear see-through cam cover? Besides useless and unnecessary lel
Btw how much was that rear fender?? Geeze you have money to blow considering those are $200 wherever I seek! Just because you got bored of the green LOL
I ordered Yamaha rear fender but "backordered" until mid next month. I don't think I'll ever receive it. Good to see you got this one to see how it checks out! Does it come with hardware by any chance?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Clear cam cover, just for looks, so Your call.
I don't have money to blow either, l'de have bought the black front fenders too if I did, lol.
The Maeir rear fenders were $280 shipped from Parts Giant.
They came about an hour ago.
They are scratched and have rub marks everywhere, they look bad.
I really don't care, as they will get scratched riding anyway, but pretty bad for new.
I sent them a message, hopefully they'll give me a discount, as I don't want to send them back. The next set(if they even had one) would probably look just the same.
I don't really want oem because of the warning lable indentations.
The Maier come with 2 L brackets too, they replace the 2 molded drop tabs under the oem fenders, for the side grab bar supports.
I had planned to make this 700 all black before I bought it too, but after seeing the yellow/green fenders in person...they were too much...blinding. It literally bothered my eyes to look at it, they had to go, lol.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
It still needs black front fenders, and it'll get them eventually.
Regardless, I like it much better with the black nose, tank cover, and rear fenders, vs the neon yellow/green.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hahaha...it is SO much brighter in person.
Guys, I do not see the problem with that color. I would of opt for that color if I had the chance LOL I love it! I would match it with some yellow gear. A riding highlighter haha But anyways I do like the 2021 blue better though.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Guys, I do not see the problem with that color. I would of opt for that color if I had the chance LOL I love it! I would match it with some yellow gear. A riding highlighter haha But anyways I do like the 2021 blue better though.
Maybe it's my eyes, I have 20/15...but I am colorblind.
If I look at those fenders, the glare hurts and it becomes hard to focus on. It does it in my peripheral vision too and was very distracting.
I can also say that seeing it online is one thing, but in person, it is much, much brighter.
I'm partial to black and grey anyway, so it doesn't hurt my feelings to be rid of it.
I don't really care for the same color on the tank stickers, but they do not have the brighness or glare of the fenders either.

201 - 220 of 262 Posts