Raptor Forum banner

241 - 260 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever add a power wire to the battery for your fan upgrade?
I think we have put that to rest on another thread. Starting in 2013 Yamaha put in a much improved radiator and fan. At this time it appears the fan electrical was also upgraded to serve the better OEM fan. Therefore, on these 2013+ bikes, a Spal fan upgrade does not require modifying the electrical to the fan relay.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Did you ever add a power wire to the battery for your fan upgrade?
Nope, it works perfect as is.
It also has the early-on fan thermostat, and Vapor connected to the battery, and there are no issues.
Apparently what I'de read is true, that the 2015-2021 have upgrade electrical over previous years, and do not need the fan wire mod.
The Vapor also has 2 programmable temp lights. I have the first light set to come on at 200 degrees, and with Cuervo's fan thermostat, the Spal fan comes on at 200 degrees every time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nope, it works perfect as is.
It also has the early-on fan thermostat, and Vapor connected to the battery, and there are no issues.
Apparently what I'de read is true, that the 2015-2021 have upgrade electrical over previous years, and do not need the fan wire mod.
The Vapor also has 2 programmable temp lights. I have the first light set to come on at 200 degrees, and with Cuervo's fan thermostat, the Spal fan comes on at 200 degrees every time.
Thanks for the info. So Sixpack577 what's next for this raptor build?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
You're welcome

I have black oem fenders ordered from Partzilla. Tank cover and nose in a few days, front and rear Fenders in late March, early April...yay.
Stainless steel warning replacement labels coming any day(with nothing to put them on, lol).
Sending back my 2nd incorrect ss rear brake line tomorrow, and will order a custom one from Galfer...problem solved.
I will take it to my Dad after I get the MC rebuild kit(due any day now) and get the front brakes working again. He's going to make a bracket for a 12" lightbar that I have.
I have another seat and material to put a breathable cover on for summer.
Few small cosmetic things(paint my silver Renthal bars black, as black was and is still sold out with no replacements coming anytime soon).

Then to get 450 clutch fibers(bigger gripping surface than the 700 fibers).
The next big thing, and that I can't afford right now, will be Jocaga suspension with triple rate springs(fortunately I have the stock SE's dialed in pretty good in the meantime).
After the top end gets alot of hours, the plan is an 11.1 piston, stage 3 cam, FCI airbox, bigger TB(47mm??) and PCV.
FCI and PCV will probably go on much sooner. I like to have all the supporting parts in place first.
Beadlock wheels and Maxxis tires whenever the stock tires wear out.
Some black, dark gray, or ghosted type graphics at some point.

That's the plan anyway...it's been years in the making and I'm thrilled to be this far with it.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Well, I got my 2nd MC rebuild kit today(got one over a month ago and it was wrong),
and...this one is wrong too! ****!
I Cannot belive the amount of parts for this thing that I've sent back since September.
It's really pathetic how many people in the workforce just don't care anymore.
Mistakes, sure, but to the extent it's gotten...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
3rd MC rebuild kit ordered yesterday afternoon.
I really need to get it done, so $18 for the part, tax...and $22 for 2nd day shipping from RockyMtnAtv, $41.86 total.
Not quite as bad as it sounds, as the last 2 incorrect ones I got were $33 and change.
3rd time's a charm...I hope.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Well, it turns out Galfer is now staffed by idiots too.
After 2 days of their custom line form not working, I tried an online chat to order.
I was told that yes, their online form does not work well...but I could try printing it and mailing it instead.
I asked why I couldn't just tell them what I needed(based off part numbers and specs on their site that I would use to fill out the form with anyway).
I was told "no, we need it in writing".
Apparently they didn't know how to write.
I told them I'de contact Spiegler, as they have given me excellent past service.
Hopefully idiots haven't overtaken their company yet, we'll see.
Stupidity is an epidemic, I truly feel for my kid and the workforce she'll one day enter.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well, it turns out Galfer is now staffed by idiots too.
After 2 days of their custom line form not working, I tried an online chat to order.
I was told that yes, their online form does not work well...but I could try printing it and mailing it instead.
I asked why I couldn't just tell them what I needed(based off part numbers and specs on their site that I would use to fill out the form with anyway).
I was told "no, we need it in writing".
Apparently they didn't know how to write.
I told them I'de contact Spiegler, as they have given me excellent past service.
Hopefully idiots haven't overtaken their company yet, we'll see.
Stupidity is an epidemic, I truly feel for my kid and the workforce she'll one day enter.
LOL. EVERYONE of my siblings is like WHAT THE HECK are these idiots I have to work with everyday. And my parents think there's better family's, im like hey considering the fact that your kids actually show up on the job, they're better than 90% of people out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Very nice upgrades!! May I ask where did you get that Trail-Teck holder / mount at?
Thank you
I got it on ebay.
Another member asked about it recently too, as the ebay listing was currently sold out.
You may have to contact Trail-Tech directly to order one, or find out when they expect them back in stock.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Oem black fenders from Partzilla.
I need to swap over the foam pads and heat sheilds and get them on.
I cannot belive the quality, they look like a black mirror, alot better than I was expecting.
They come in a box(obviously) then a clear bag, then foam, then clear plastic stuck to the fenders themselves, so it's no wonder they arrive in excellent condition.
Front and rear fenders, tank cover and nose were $390 with free shipping. Another $12 for the grill, but mine was already black so I didn't need another.
So half the price and double the quality of Maier.
I was kind of suprised that the fenders come with the warning labels too...so only 18 rivots to punch and drill, lol.

20210303_172232.jpg
20210303_205450.jpg
20210303_171846.jpg

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Looking good! Now that its gone i can say it... that green was absolutely HIDEOUS! The good folks over at yamaha design hq had been up too long when they came up with that one. I really do think its my all time least favorite raptor color. (Still not saying i wouldnt ride one! Lol) But its gone now and your ride looks great!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Part numbers for all black.
The top part that says cancelled is the black honeycomb grill that I already had and didn't need.
The rear fenders are for all 700's, 06-21
The front fenders are for 13-21
The tank cover, nose and grill are 13-21

20210304_091111.jpg

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Looking good! Now that its gone i can say it... that green was absolutely HIDEOUS! The good folks over at yamaha design hq had been up too long when they came up with that one. I really do think its my all time least favorite raptor color. (Still not saying i wouldnt ride one! Lol) But its gone now and your ride looks great!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Thanks man, and you could've said all along how fugly the yellow/green was...I did, lol.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
I ordered the Yamaha logo nose/hood decal and the tank cover sticker this morning.
As well as a couple oem oil filters and o-rings.

Big thanks again to @CHIMBAZOID
for all the time he put in getting the right part numbers for all the fender colors, and then for sharing it here with us all!
That info is extremely helpful and hard to come by.

Hey @morphrider
Could you get with @CHIMBAZOID
and you guys make a Stickie with all the part numbers??
You know there'll be countless future questions about all of this.
Thanks

241 - 260 of 262 Posts