Raptor Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
why don't you make a post and look for some plastics that are equally as clean as yours and the correct color for trade? try facebook groups or marketplace or even put an ad on offerup, save you the money and find what you want, im sure there's loads of people who wanted a new se just for those colors and have a year or 2 older colorways that might work

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
why don't you make a post and look for some plastics that are equally as clean as yours and the correct color for trade? try facebook groups or marketplace or even put an ad on offerup, save you the money and find what you want, im sure there's loads of people who wanted a new se just for those colors and have a year or 2 older colorways that might work
I did on Craigslist about 3 weeks ago, and nothing...not even a good scam, lol.
I was really suprised that no one with black or gray wanted to trade, or even offered to try and buy them, even though the ad says trade only.
I don't want to look too far either, as it becomes a hassel to drive far for them, and mailing would just be a headache.
Now, if I could get Dezperado to venture deeper into his archives, he probably has 5 sets he's forgotten about, lol.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
I have blue rear plastic and a color assortment of tank covers and tail light plastic.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered ASV C6 shortys, with clutch perch and hot start(to use as a left hand Dr.D reverse lever, and bought a Dr.D cable and switch cap).
Maier black hood and tank cover(too much factory yellow).
Renthal 13t front sprocket.
The torque and tall gears are great for open riding, but shorter gearing is more fun in the woods.
Renthal titanium gray Raptor bend bars(black sold out everywhere).
To replace my bent stockers, and open bar ends to fit my handguards.
XRW black frame guards(due to arrive by 12-22-20, lol)
And a 12" led flood/spot light bar for the handlebars.
Most of which should be here by the weekend, I hope.
That will do it for now.

Next, will be YFZ450 clutch fibers, an FCI intake with airbox, PCV, FMF Powerbomb header(stock muffler, goin for quiet, not big hp...unfortunately).
And ss front brake lines with ceramic embedded pads.
Maybe a few small parts.
Cam and higher compression piston will be down the road.
Hello! May I ask where you got your ASV C6 shortys from? ASV themselves? I want that same setup since I have hand guards as well and I believe the standard sized ASVs might be too big. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Hello! May I ask where you got your ASV C6 shortys from? ASV themselves? I want that same setup since I have hand guards as well and I believe the standard sized ASVs might be too big. What do you think?
Yes, I got them directly from ASV.
I also have handguards.
With the factory long levers, the end of the lever just barely touches the outer inside of the handguards, and I move all my clutch perches way to the inside of the bars, almost to the bend, as I like to use 1 or 2 fingers on the lever tip.
The ASV long levers are about the same length as the stock ones, with a slightly different bend, so if they don't contact the inner handguard, they will be very close. But, if you like your clutch perch close to your grip, the long levers will definately hit.
The shortys also sit at a slightly different angle than stock, so it's not quite the same feel as just moving the stock lever, or your fingers.
But, they have a very fine, yet long range of adjustment.
I also like my clutch to engage Far away from the bar, so the lever itself doesn't contact my fingers that are still on the grip when I pull it in.
That obviously makes the lever itself sit further out.
I wear XL gloves as well.
Handguard clearance can also vary quite a bit by brand or style too.
With all that said, I think you Need to buy levers based on YOUR riding style.
As in; do you use 1 to 2 fingers on the brake and clutch like me? Then you'll probably like shortys.
Or, do you prefer to use 4 fingers on the levers? Then you'll probably prefer the long levers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I also have handguards.
With the factory long levers, the end of the lever just barely touches the outer inside of the handguards, and I move all my clutch perches way to the inside of the bars, almost to the bend, as I like to use 1 or 2 fingers on the lever tip.
The ASV long levers are about the same length as the stock ones, with a slightly different bend, so if they don't contact the inner handguard, they will be very close. But, if you like your clutch perch close to your grip, the long levers will definately hit.
The shortys also sit at a slightly different angle than stock, so it's not quite the same feel as just moving the stock lever, or your fingers.
I also like my clutch to engage Far away from the bar, so the lever itself doesn't contact my fingers that are still on the grip when I pull it in.
As in; do you use 1 to 2 fingers on the brake and clutch like me? Then you'll probably like shortys.
Or, do you prefer to use 4 fingers on the levers? Then you'll probably prefer the long levers.
Curious how you like only a couple fingers on the clutch... seems like that would be pretty hard to do all day.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
You get used to it. For me it transferred over from dirt bike riding. Using 2 fingers ensures you always have control of the bars.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Curious how you like only a couple fingers on the clutch... seems like that would be pretty hard to do all day.
That's just how I'm comfortable riding.
I don't adjust to the controls, I adjust the controls to me.
I use 1 or 2 fingers on the front brake and clutch no matter what I'm riding.
With both's engagement adjusted as far from the bars as possible.
As Morphrider said above, that gives you control of the bars at all times.
I keep a very light grip too, as the more relaxed you are, the better.
I've saved myself from more crashes by just going with it.
A death grip will get you in trouble fast, and thumbs under the grips with 4 fingers on each lever is a great way to get the bars ripped out of your hands.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's just how I'm comfortable riding.
I don't adjust to the controls, I adjust the controls to me.
I use 1 or 2 fingers on the front brake and clutch no matter what I'm riding.
With both's engagement adjusted as far from the bars as possible.
As Morphrider said above, that gives you control of the bars at all times.
I keep a very light grip too, as the more relaxed you are, the better.
I've saved myself from more crashes by just going with it.
A death grip will get you in trouble fast, and thumbs under the grips with 4 fingers on each lever is a great way to get the bars ripped out of your hands.
I rode a 450 with a slip on exhaust and stage three cam with some motor work I think and the whole time I was like “wow I’m having to rev it so much” and “ damn my raptor would laugh this thing out of its shit all day” it wasn’t fuel injected it was like a 2008 but still.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I rode a 450 with a slip on exhaust and stage three cam with some motor work I think and the whole time I was like “wow I’m having to rev it so much” and “ damn my raptor would laugh this thing out of its shit all day” it wasn’t fuel injected it was like a 2008 but still.
Wrong thread.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also have handguards.
Thanks, Boss!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Renthal Raptor 700 handlebars
(part# 811-01-SI-03-219)
Handguards
Billet throttle
ASV brake lever
Pro-Grip 761 gel grips
View attachment 139761
May I ask if the LED bar you planned on mounting will fit with your current setup? I also have this Renthal bar and see it kind of a tight fit. Btw, which button setup did you use? You planned on doing something incredibly cool with the buttons, as well as with the Dr. D reverse cable w/ ASV lever's hot start. Genius!

·
Registered
30 Posts
May I ask if the LED bar you planned on mounting will fit with your current setup? I also have this Renthal bar and see it kind of a tight fit. Btw, which button setup did you use? You planned on doing something incredibly cool with the buttons, as well as with the Dr. D reverse cable w/ ASV lever's hot start. Genius!
Btw you didn't find any Dr. D reverse cable in stock, right? I couldn't find a damn thing either. Motosport sent me an order confirmation and later cancelled my order..

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #116 (Edited)
Btw you didn't find any Dr. D reverse cable in stock, right? I couldn't find a damn thing either. Motosport sent me an order confirmation and later cancelled my order..
No, not yet, and they cancelled mine too.
Dubach Racing, now Big Gun Exhaust told me 3 weeks ago that they hope to have cables from their new supplier by the first week of December.
I'll call back then and check.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Thanks man, but I haven't done anything with the buttons yet, because I can't get a Dr.D reverse cable.
The lightbar won't mount directly to the handguards either, and I knew it wouldn't.
My Dad has the lightbar now, took some pictures and measurements, and is going to design a bracket.
Probably sturdy/overkill, so it won't vibrate.
I'll post pictures when I get it all sorted out.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
@Sixpack577 you have the clutch releasing at the furthest extent of the lever? The wife’s is like that, mine is close to the bars. I don’t like it furthest out, it’s like you are waiting, waiting...there it is.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
@Sixpack577 you have the clutch releasing at the furthest extent of the lever? The wife’s is like that, mine is close to the bars. I don’t like it furthest out, it’s like you are waiting, waiting...there it is.
Yeah, as far out as possible, but no waiting, as I only pull the lever just enough to disengage it, and the lever never contacts my fingers on the bars.
And the front brake lever doesn't have much travel either.

So, what you're telling me is that your wife can outride you??
lol

101 - 120 of 144 Posts