Raptor Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I keep mine close to the bars but i keep all my adjustments tight so i dont have much lever travel at all. And i hardly ever use the clutch lever anyway, just when im stopped

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, I don't use the clutch either unless I need to.
Just had the Dubach reverse lever delivered. Don't know if you knew already. Look this up on Ebay: Dubach Racing Development Reverse Lever RAPTOR 700 / 2006-2017 there is currently 4 in stock.

One question. I am trying to order the ASV C6 Shorty clutch and brake levers but I cannot find it "compatible" with the hot start so that I use the reverse cable with. Any recommendations what I can try? Support is telling me the hotstart isn't compatible with the Raptor 700 LOL they don't understand that I want to use it with the Dr. D.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Just had the Dubach reverse lever delivered. Don't know if you knew already. Look this up on Ebay: Dubach Racing Development Reverse Lever RAPTOR 700 / 2006-2017 there is currently 4 in stock.

One question. I am trying to order the ASV C6 Shorty clutch and brake levers but I cannot find it "compatible" with the hot start so that I use the reverse cable with. Any recommendations what I can try? Support is telling me the hotstart isn't compatible with the Raptor 700 LOL they don't understand that I want to use it with the Dr. D.
They are technically correct.
You have to buy a Raptor 700 front brake lever, and the ASV generic short or long lever with their clutch perch.
The clutch perch comes with a standard bar clamp, aka, rotator clamp.
You have to buy the hot-start lever seperately as well.
Both shorty levers, clutch perch, and hot-start were $365 shipped.
The hot-start will Not work with the stock switch housing either, as the hot start lever will contact the stock switch housing before it can complete it's travel and engage reverse.
My plan is to temporarily zip-tie the factory switch to the left side of the handlebar cross bar, beside the bar pad, so I can ride and adjust the clutch, then wire up my new start, stop, and headlight switches to the factory harness.

Thanks for the heads up on the Dr.D too!
I'll check it out.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
Oh, and hot-start is not listed as compatible with Any 4-wheeler, it's a fuel injected dirtbike thing only.
They were invented to be used kind of like a choke, so that when a f.i dirtbike crashed during a race, it makes it easier and quicker to get the bike restarted.
Screenshot_20201118-131028_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
And, I have ASV levers, but no Dr.D yet.
You have the Dr.D, but no ASV's yet...so it's a race to see who gets it done first!
lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
They are technically correct.
You have to buy a Raptor 700 front brake lever, and the ASV generic short or long lever with their clutch perch.
The clutch perch comes with a standard bar clamp, aka, rotator clamp.
You have to buy the hot-start lever separately as well.
Both shorty levers, clutch perch, and hot-start were $365 shipped.
The hot-start will Not work with the stock switch housing either, as the hot start lever will contact the stock switch housing before it can complete it's travel and engage reverse.
My plan is to temporarily zip-tie the factory switch to the left side of the handlebar cross bar, beside the bar pad, so I can ride and adjust the clutch, then wire up my new start, stop, and headlight switches to the factory harness.

Thanks for the heads up on the Dr.D too!
I'll check it out.
Damn, then I have to look into modding the stock switch as well to get this to work. Maybe the hot-start may not be an option for me then lol for the moment. This only works if you play around with your aftermarket switch..

In another subject, how are you liking your cooler pack rear rack? How does it work out when doing wheelies lol

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Damn, then I have to look into modding the stock switch as well to get this to work. Maybe the hot-start may not be an option for me then lol for the moment. This only works if you play around with your aftermarket switch..

In another subject, how are you liking your cooler pack rear rack? How does it work out when doing wheelies lol
Yep, you can't use the stock switch and hot-start together.

The cooler rack has been great, no complaints.
It's also been good to lift the rear end with, when the stupid designed gytr swingarm skidplate repeatedly bottoms out or hangs up(I gotta find a lower profile one, or cut it shorter and have it tigged...dumbass Yamaha).
The cooler itself fits in the rack snug, and the shortened shoulder strap holds it firmly in place, even doing wheelies.
I needed somwhere to at least put a water bottle, and room for basic first aid, and my pistol. We have bear and mountain lions here, and while I used to keep a pistol on me, in a pocket or holster, that's like landing on a rock in a crash. So within reach in a bag right behind me is ok.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Oh, and hot-start is not listed as compatible with Any 4-wheeler, it's a fuel injected dirtbike thing only.
They were invented to be used kind of like a choke, so that when a f.i dirtbike crashed during a race, it makes it easier and quicker to get the bike restarted. View attachment 139851
I always thought it was a 4 stroke dirtbike thing, not necessarily just fuel injected ones. I had several carbed dirtbikes with hotstart before i switched to quads. My 04 RMZ250, 06 YZ250F, 06 WR250F, 06 CRF450R all had them

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
All my 4 stroke carbed bikes Since 2000 have had the hot start also, rarely ever used them, but they were there.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
All my 4 stroke carbed bikes Since 2000 have had the hot start also, rarely ever used them, but they were there.
Good to know, I have limited experience with 450 dirtbikes, I've ridden a few, friends had them, but my brain just classes them all as fuel injected for whatever reason.
I did a couple seasons of 250B mx in the late 90's, and remember Doug Henry riding the first ever 450 4-stroke(Yamaha) in I think, '97?
I have to admit I was/am a hater...and a die-hard 2-stroker.
I mellowed to 4-strokes over the years, but, if it wasn't for the noise(that wonderful sound...and smell), I'de be on a Banshee or 500 quadracer now, not a 700 Raptor(even though I do love this thing).
My knees no longer care for dirt bikes, as I don't have the good sense not to try and ride like I'm 20 years younger.
My DRZ 400(which is heavily modded, but has no hot start for the 39mm FCR on it) needs a few minor things, and then a new home, as I can't stay out of the woods on it either...and I pay the price for a few days after.
But, none the less, like my 660, I've found good use for a hot-start on my 700 as reverse!

121 - 140 of 144 Posts