Raptor Forum banner

141 - 160 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got tracking yesterday, and according to that, it left Ca last night...looks like this one might actually show up, lol.
It will, man. Mine arrived intact. I just cannot verify fitment or anything since I don't have my quad with me right now. You can help me verify that ;) Can't believe this "dealer" had 5 of them lol 3 sold in the last 2 days. You'll be happy!

·
Registered
56 Posts
View attachment 139786 View attachment 139787 View attachment 139788
Still trying to decide which switches I want to use, and exactly where to mount them.
Start on left, kill switch on right.
Headlight switches inside left handguard(which I don't have yet, and still unsure as to which ones I'de use, I'll start another thread).
Or, 5 in one with start, low beam, high beam, light bar, stop(left and right buttons are momentary, middle 3 are latching)
Hey again, Sixpack! I have a new small dilemma.. So we both got the Dubach reverse lever, except you have it all figured out with the placement on your left side (where your 5 switches are) which is totally beast! As for someone more modest lol, how can I do that if I want to have the same single switch that you have on the right side beside the throttle since that is where I plan on adding the Dubach reverse lever. Any suggestions where else I can place the light switch (I plan on using it for an LED whip). Also it would be a great idea to ask what wire I would splice in for low beams. I heard black and blue are the ones.

Also, did you get your reverse lever yet? I'd love your feedback!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
I haven't gotten mine yet, tracking said today yesterday, we'll see.
As for switches on the right; if you're going to use the Dr.D lever on the right where it goes, then why change your switches?
Since the lever would be on the right, next to the throttle, the switches would need to be further towards the inside of the bars, and further away from your reach, as well as having everything crowded over there.
Regardless of which side the reverse lever is on, the throttle cable still partially blocks any switches on the right side.
If you get the switches too high up on or above the bars, then you are at risk of damaging them during a rollover.
At this point, You should sit on your 700 and do some thinking. How would YOU lay out your buttons and controls if you could?
I've been busy with other things, and still am not 100% on which switch layout I'm going to use yet. As said, I'm just going to ziptie my factory bar switch to the left of the bar pad until I do(after I get the Dr.D cable).
As for wiring, I havn't even looked at it yet, but, I have the service manual. It's not hard with a wiring diagram, and they're all just on or off.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Can you screen write/draw on your pictures with your phone?
Can you take a picture and draw which button you want where?
My only problem with the whole thing is that I wish I knew somewhere that sold a big assortment of switches, vs just all the standard bar mount switches.
Clearance for the wires exiting the side or rear of the switches make a difference too.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Hey I mean religious or not who doesn’t want to be prayed for?
I am a Christian(and a hypocrit and a sinner)
but, any prayers on my behalf are always greatly appreciated.
Considering, regardless of another's personal belifes, they chose to lift your name for help on your behalf.
That in itself is a great act of selflessness and kindness.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Why do you really need the hot start though? Its fuel injected....
Hot-start is kind of like a choke, designed to help race bikes start quicker after a race crash.
But, I am using the lever for reverse instead.
It's basically the same thing as the Dr.D lever, only on the left, instead of the right.
Clearance issues from the lever also will require a custom switch setup.
I should get reverse working with it over the weekend.
I'm still undecided on my exact switch setup too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hot-start is kind of like a choke, designed to help race bikes start quicker after a race crash.
It's basically the same thing as the Dr.D lever, only on the left, instead of the right.
Wahoo, please do let us know how it worked! Was starting to think Ebay screwed you over with the reverse lever lol

·
Registered
654 Posts
I thought it was the opposite of a choke, it lets more air in than normal to help start a flooded engine. Which i would think fuel injection would not have a problem with

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
I thought it was the opposite of a choke, it lets more air in than normal to help start a flooded engine. Which i would think fuel injection would not have a problem with
Why I said kind of like a choke, in terms of mechanical function, to relate what the part does.
It's a thumb lever, pulling a cable, which is hooked to the carb or tb.
I did not want to get into actual hot-start function, and take the conversation in that direction, because, as you know, it does not apply to the 700, and has nothing to do with the lever itself, outside of that's what operates it.
I will use the hot-start lever to engage reverse instead.
Pictures soon, whenever I get to it.
But, you went outside the box and learned something, didn't ya?
So it's a win either way.

141 - 160 of 282 Posts