Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am brand spanking new to the Raptor forum, which by the way this is probably the best community for any Raptor related info I came across.

Anyways, I plan on buying a 2021 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE, that is if it even gets produced. I have been in close contact with Yamaha dealers in where I go to Mexico (that is where I plan on buying it) and they told me they are expected to come in on September-November 2020. He also said since the pandemic started, the number of production might be low, but that they still plan on getting some by that date. If everything goes as planned, I plan on buying it in December.

Does anyone know of any info or rumors for the 2021 Raptors, to confirm that this guy knows what he is talking about? I called directly to the Yamaha plant and they cannot give me any information for 2021s. That dealer in Mexico, however, is positive they will get it.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I have been searching for a new 2020 on the east coast with little luck
I've now talked to 41 dealers in 8 states in the last 2 weeks, And called Yamaha California.
None of them know if or when any more '20's or the 21's are coming.
They said oct/nov is what they are told.
It's also discouraging that there are no 2021 pictures/colors of the 700 on Yamaha's website.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I just went on to other forums and noticed others are having this same issue here that I am having, except mine seems much worst since I want it in Mexico lol. I might be screwed then. And yes, only the 2021 Raptor 90 and YFZ50 are showing.. That's a huge bummer. I called every dealer local here in SoCal and everyone is sold out. Do you know what my best bet would be to be alerted of in-stock?(other than hoping a dealer will notify me, because they never do)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Hmm, I just went on to other forums and noticed others are having this same issue here that I am having, except mine seems much worst since I want it in Mexico lol. I might be screwed then. And yes, only the 2021 Raptor 90 and YFZ50 are showing.. That's a huge bummer. I called every dealer local here in SoCal and everyone is sold out. Do you know what my best bet would be to be alerted of in-stock?(other than hoping a dealer will notify me, because they never do)
I feel your pain man.
I have a deposit on a 2020 yellow se in Pa, I'm in Va. They seem to be good to work with, and have given me the best price so far, $9947 otd, and that includes tax.
Last week they said it left Washington state on tues or wed, en route to them by the end of this week, according to their order info.
It, as well as nothing else has shown up yet. Sales guy says he has a page full of deposits for machines, and that they've called Yamaha this week to find out what's going on, and Yamaha has no info for them.
But, that the SE is mine, if and when it shows up.
Pretty discouraging.
I found another for $100 more, but it's 200 more miles, and the one I put a deposit on is already a 700+ mile round trip, so I have to stop somewhere.
Another dealer, the same distance as the deposit one, but the other side of Pa, want the same retail, but $600 more otd, which I refused to give their sorry price gouging ass.
Otherwise, I've turned up empty.
It seems you'de have to buy one and pay $500-$600 to have it shipped, which I don't want to do.
A member here from Missouri says his local dealer has every color 2020 Raptor 700...but he's a 2k+ mile round trip for me too.
Yamaha has really dropped the ball.
Not that they're behind because of the virus, but because they have no info to give anyone.
Most of the dealers I talked too all told me that same thing as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir, I agree. Absolutely no info, update, nothing! I checked ATV Trader and they all say "Coming Oct/Nov" 😂 Such BS. Guess we have to wait and see.

Looks like you're golden! Enjoy your ride - would love to follow any Youtube or social media where you share your sweet ride with us.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Yes sir, I agree. Absolutely no info, update, nothing! I checked ATV Trader and they all say "Coming Oct/Nov" 😂 Such BS. Guess we have to wait and see.

Looks like you're golden! Enjoy your ride - would love to follow any Youtube or social media where you share your sweet ride with us.
Atv Trader is bs, as every 700 listed on it is sold.
And, I'm not so sure I'm "golden", as the 2020 I put a deposit on may not show up at this point.
My concern for oct/nov will be covid 2.0 lockdown bs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put a deposit down on a blue 700R back in June along with a buddy I work with. He actually was a cpl days ahead of me on his deposit. The dealer had a delivery of several due from the factory in Georgia ,scheduled only a few weeks out. That came and went as like everyone else said ...this COVID crap was blamed for causing the delay.
Finally my dealer did receive some stuff but my blue Raptor was not in the shipment.
my friends was there and a yellow/ black se came in..... which my dealer offered to me instead... so of course I jumped on that. So all told it took me around 2 months from the time I first spoke with this dealer to the day I loaded my se onto my trailer.
During that time I had a another dealer call me and tell me that he had received a raptor and was going down his list of recent contacts about one.
Pick your favorite dealer and get a deposit on one and just wait it out.
Not really any other choices right now.
7145EC11-499A-4E0D-9242-19DD09B61CBD.jpeg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a deposit down on a blue 700R back in June along with a buddy I work with. He actually was a cpl days ahead of me on his deposit. The dealer had a delivery of several due from the factory in Georgia ,scheduled only a few weeks out. That came and went as like everyone else said ...this COVID crap was blamed for causing the delay.
Finally my dealer did receive some stuff but my blue Raptor was not in the shipment.
my friends was there and a yellow/ black se came in..... which my dealer offered to me instead... so of course I jumped on that. So all told it took me around 2 months from the time I first spoke with this dealer to the day I loaded my se onto my trailer.
During that time I had a another dealer call me and tell me that he had received a raptor and was going down his list of recent contacts about one.
Pick your favorite dealer and get a deposit on one and just wait it out.
Not really any other choices right now.
View attachment 139272 View attachment 139272
Very beautiful choice. What was your price OTD? Curious to know.. Sixpack577 got a sweet deal on his, whenever he gets his lol. I just got a call from 2 dealers this morning asking me if I wanted to place a deposit, that they should start coming by the start of next week. Smells fishy!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Very beautiful choice. What was your price OTD? Curious to know.. Sixpack577 got a sweet deal on his, whenever he gets his lol. I just got a call from 2 dealers this morning asking me if I wanted to place a deposit, that they should start coming by the start of next week. Smells fishy!
Easy on the sweet deal, lol.
Nothing is in writing, and I hope that price holds true.
I might go a couple hundred more, but I refused one in stock on wednesday that another dealer wanted $600 more for too.
I'm not playing price gouging with anyone. $1200 over retail is bs, as only about $350 of that is taxes, the other $850 would've went in their pocket.
Nope

·
Registered
12 Posts
My original 700R deal was $9700 OTD.
The S.E. I ended up with was $10300 OTD.
A non R 700 could have been had too for around 9k OTD.
I too thought that maybe the dealers were handling the situation on Raptors and other stuff similar to drive a higher profit sale. I have bought a lot of bikes and atvs and never paid retail plus tax... until this Raptor.
It is a great atv though... and most anything now a days is expensive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My original 700R deal was $9700 OTD.
The S.E. I ended up with was $10300 OTD.
A non R 700 could have been had too for around 9k OTD.
I too thought that maybe the dealers were handling the situation on Raptors and other stuff similar to drive a higher profit sale. I have bought a lot of bikes and atvs and never paid retail plus tax... until this Raptor.
It is a great atv though... and most anything now a days is expensive.
I live in SoCal, tax is 10.25% in my city. Just got off the phone with my local dealer and they told me out the door price, including taxes and registration, comes out to $11,433. That's a LOT of money for a green 700R SE :( What OTD price did you guys get? I might go with an R, or start looking for an SE here locally, if you guys also think it's not worth it. What do you think?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The suspension is worth the $600 over a standard non R 700 Price for me.
The unique color scheme and metal over plastic upgrades is probably more of a personal taste vs function for another $600 in price over a R.
The shocks are nice for trail riding... especially the front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in SoCal, tax is 10.25% in my city. Just got off the phone with my local dealer and they told me out the door price, including taxes and registration, comes out to $11,433. That's a LOT of money for a green 700R SE :( What OTD price did you guys get? I might go with an R, or start looking for an SE here locally, if you guys also think it's not worth it. What do you think?
My otd price from a virginia dealer was retail at exactly$9299. 2020 700r se
I wanted an r but took what he had. se gets you decals, front gytr bumper and heel guards. He may have the day glo yellow in stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Plus the 600 freight.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
My otd price from a virginia dealer was retail at exactly$9299. 2020 700r se
I wanted an r but took what he had. se gets you decals, front gytr bumper and heel guards. He may have the day glo yellow in stock.
they don't...I'de own it if they did, lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Se will always have the best resale and be the most sought after. Finding a new one in the Pacific Northwest is not going to happen :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live in SoCal, tax is 10.25% in my city. Just got off the phone with my local dealer and they told me out the door price, including taxes and registration, comes out to $11,433. That's a LOT of money for a green 700R SE :( What OTD price did you guys get? I might go with an R, or start looking for an SE here locally, if you guys also think it's not worth it.
20200108_120219.jpg
20200108_122422.jpg
What do you think?
It seems low supply of 700s have prices high especially with no word on 2021s. I bought a 2019 SE in January, one of the last white/blue bikes around here. Paid 9k even OTD but arriving at this deal was like dealing with the devil. All Stealership's around here hit you with MSRP BS.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It seems low supply of 700s have prices high especially with no word on 2021s. I bought a 2019 SE in January, one of the last white/blue bikes around here. Paid 9k even OTD but arriving at this deal was like dealing with the devil. All Stealership's around here hit you with MSRP BS.
Wow! Sweet ride! And for sure, the stealerships mark up high.. Thanks for sharing your nice ride!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am brand spanking new to the Raptor forum, which by the way this is probably the best community for any Raptor related info I came across.

Anyways, I plan on buying a 2021 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE, that is if it even gets produced. I have been in close contact with Yamaha dealers in where I go to Mexico (that is where I plan on buying it) and they told me they are expected to come in on September-November 2020. He also said since the pandemic started, the number of production might be low, but that they still plan on getting some by that date. If everything goes as planned, I plan on buying it in December.

Does anyone know of any info or rumors for the 2021 Raptors, to confirm that this guy knows what he is talking about? I called directly to the Yamaha plant and they cannot give me any information for 2021s. That dealer in Mexico, however, is positive they will get it.

somebody have new information of the raptor 700 R 2021 , the color or the date ,anything 😑😑

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
somebody have new information of the raptor 700 R 2021 , the color or the date ,anything 😑😑
Last word from Yamaha is Spring 2021, Febuary is the 2021 700's official release month, but that may be March or April due to parts shortages from supplier shut downs, and the 700 plant in Georgia U.S.A was also shut down for a time.
They are now open, and were and may be still running at limited capacity.
This info was given to me directly over the phone with the Ga assembly plant, and in person at a very reputable Yamaha dealer about 5 weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts