Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Last word from Yamaha is Spring 2021, Febuary is the 2021 700's official release month, but that may be March or April due to parts shortages from supplier shut downs, and the 700 plant in Georgia U.S.A was also shut down for a time.
They are now open, and were and may be still running at limited capacity.
This info was given to me directly over the phone with the Ga assembly plant, and in person at a very reputable Yamaha dealer about 5 weeks ago.
Thanks for this info, bought my 2019 in January this year before Covid blowup, glad I did.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Last word from Yamaha is Spring 2021, Febuary is the 2021 700's official release month, but that may be March or April due to parts shortages from supplier shut downs, and the 700 plant in Georgia U.S.A was also shut down for a time.
This info was given to me directly over the phone with the Ga assembly plant, and in person at a very reputable Yamaha dealer about 5 weeks ago.
I'd love to see the new 2021 announced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am brand spanking new to the Raptor forum, which by the way this is probably the best community for any Raptor related info I came across.

Anyways, I plan on buying a 2021 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE, that is if it even gets produced. I have been in close contact with Yamaha dealers in where I go to Mexico (that is where I plan on buying it) and they told me they are expected to come in on September-November 2020. He also said since the pandemic started, the number of production might be low, but that they still plan on getting some by that date. If everything goes as planned, I plan on buying it in December.

Does anyone know of any info or rumors for the 2021 Raptors, to confirm that this guy knows what he is talking about? I called directly to the Yamaha plant and they cannot give me any information for 2021s. That dealer in Mexico, however, is positive they will get it.
I’m here in Arizona I live on the outskirts of the valley near Mesa. I’ve had a deposit for a 700 at the two largest dealers in the valley, Ride Now and Nash for the last 6 months. Two weeks ago I got a call from Nash, they had the blue and neon green SE come in, only one and they wanted to know if I was interested I told the owner no and that I was holding out for a team blue version. I got another call this week that they had got in a maroon and gray SE. which I passed on again. They claim that they are expecting a larger shipment of raptors the second half of December, but they have been saying that for months. I did get a call from Ride Now this week saying they feel confident they may have a blue Raptor come in soon when their next shipment arrives this month. I honestly don’t believe anything they are saying anymore and I really don’t think they have a clue when anything is coming in, if ever. At this point I doubt Yamaha will even make a blue Raptor anymore. In the last few years they have chosen the nastiest color and graphics for the Raptors I have no reason to think they will change this direction. I also doubt Yamaha is even currently producing machines yet alone at full production. No one wants to work because of The COVID BS. My best guess is I may see a Blue 700 next summer 2021

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m here in Arizona I live on the outskirts of the valley near Mesa. I’ve had a deposit for a 700 at the two largest dealers in the valley, Ride Now and Nash for the last 6 months. Two weeks ago I got a call from Nash, they had the blue and neon green SE come in, only one and they wanted to know if I was interested I told the owner no and that I was holding out for a team blue version. I got another call this week that they had got in a maroon and gray SE. which I passed on again. They claim that they are expecting a larger shipment of raptors the second half of December, but they have been saying that for months. I did get a call from Ride Now this week saying they feel confident they may have a blue Raptor come in soon when their next shipment arrives this month. I honestly don’t believe anything they are saying anymore and I really don’t think they have a clue when anything is coming in, if ever. At this point I doubt Yamaha will even make a blue Raptor anymore. In the last few years they have chosen the nastiest color and graphics for the Raptors I have no reason to think they will change this direction. I also doubt Yamaha is even currently producing machines yet alone at full production. No one wants to work because of The COVID BS. My best guess is I may see a Blue 700 next summer 2021
Yamaha will still make blue Raptors in the future IMO, just like they have for years. It may not be the SE exclusively, but a R like they have in the past, after all it's their brand colorway. It may not be solid blue plastics like some years from ago, but white also like the 2013 and 2015 R models. Yamaha flip flops on colorways year to year, and I agree that some of the newer colors make me scratch my head. After being disappointed with their colors in the past few years, I pulled the trigger on a 2019 gray/ white, blue frame SE. Told myself better jump on something decent looking so I wouldn't have to wait another 3-4 years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Although I think the 07 SE is my all time favorite. I may be a little biased on my opinion.

View attachment 140028
Yeah, Everyone has there favorites, I bought 4 new 700s, 1st was 08 blue R, wanted the 09 white/red frame R, but not at my local dealers yet, when they came in I saw one and had to buy it, was one of my favorites.Third was 2011 black SE, then 19 SE, I have to agree with you, it's a great color combo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was just going through my Google feed when something caught my eye. A article on 2021 Yamaha motorcycle line up. Two 2021 bikes will be available and in showrooms in January, and a 2021 450 dirt bike that they said is in showrooms now. Some other models are to be available in the coming months, with one model particularly in April.

Don't know or remember all these models because I don't keep up on upcoming models. I bring this up because of this thread on the 2021 700s. Looks like Yamaha has been designing, manufacturing, and producing bikes in these Covid times, so maby the 2021 Raptors will be here sooner than later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a deposit on a 2020 blue 700r also at Cochise motorsports in sierra vista. there system shows second half of december. im hopeful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can confirm, my dealer said the same thing. They are just starting to get there orders in for 2020's again, but are holding high on price until the market slows down. They say everyone has been desperate for them and they are overpaying for these quads due to the shortage they were having.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My local shop said they have a 2021 in a crate,I'm going tommarow to buy it if its truly a 2021 I'll let you guys know & I'll do a vid on my YouTube channel

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
My local shop said they have a 2021 in a crate,I'm going tommarow to buy it if its truly a 2021 I'll let you guys know & I'll do a vid on my YouTube channel
Oh snap! Please upload some pictures here if you can.. What's your YT channel? Do you know any pricing yet? Sorry, I'm just happy for you haha!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh snap! Please upload some pictures here if you can.. What's your YT channel? Do you know any pricing yet? Sorry, I'm just happy for you haha!
The said thing is I didnt ask price I put $800 over the phone but I'll let ya know, I have 2 channels I'll put it on my bigger channel 63,000 subs called (Tac) my 2nd channel is small 500 subs called Tac Atv

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are many Yamaha dealers in my area, a couple of them advertise all 3 700 models in local Craigslist, there have been no shortage of 2020s around here. They have been advertising the 700R blue model lately as a 2021, but it is the same color scheme as the 2020. Don't know if it's truly a 2021 though, time will tell I guess.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts